Only Member Clubs may apply for membership with USA Gymnastics on behalf of an athlete. Any athlete that wish to participate in USA Gymnastics sanctioned events MUST be affiliated with a USA Gymnastics Member Club.
- Secondary insurance coverage at USA Gymnastics sanctioned events
- USA Gymnastics magazine - enjoy a subscription to the official magazine of USA Gymnastics, featuring personality profiles of U.S. gymnasts, training tips, coverage of major competitions, information on gymnastics camps, the latest in merchandise, and more! (NOTE: You only receive those issues that are published during your membership period.)
- Seasonal discounts on apparel and merchandise sold through USA Gymnastics
- USA Gymnastics Membership card
- Discounts on congresses and educational courses for athletes 15 years and older
Cost - $54
Two options to register:
- Membership is valid for one competitive season
- Current competitive season: August 1, 2015 through July 31, 2016
- Online registrations will be available upon payment transaction. Please allow 3-4 weeks processing for faxed/mailed forms.
- All fees and memberships are both non-refundable and non-transferable!
- A copy of the original completed athlete application form must be kept on file at the club, as well as a copy provided to the parent/legal guardian.
- Athlete membership may NOT be registered by telephone.
- Online registrations will be available upon payment transaction. Please allow 7-10 business days processing for faxed/mailed forms.
- Membership cards will be received within 6-8 weeks.
- There is a $25 Rush fee option (per person) when processing is required in less than our normal time.
- Rush processing guarantees membership number availability in our database and/or online membership search. If you choose Rush processing, your membership number will be available within three business days from the date of receipt in our office. Same day turnaround on Rush processing requests cannot be guaranteed. Membership cards will be issued as quickly as possible.
- As long as a membership number can be verified by our online search, a member is permitted to be on the floor at any USA Gymnastics sanctioned event.
- It is best that you register your athletes at the beginning of the athlete season so that they receive the full season's worth of benefits such as the subscription to USA Gymnastics magazine.
- ONLINE ATHLETE REGISTRATION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PARENTS / ATHLETES. ONLINE REGISTRATION MUST BE DONE THROUGH THE CLUB ADMINISTRATOR(S).
Q: Can I still use the 2014-2015 Athlete/Introductory Athlete forms?
A: No, only the 2015-2016 forms will be accepted.
Q: If I register my athletes online do I still have to have a completed athlete form on file?
A: Yes, the club must keep all completed athlete forms on file at the gym for all athletes that are registered regardless of registration method used. Please note: in the instance of a claim, insurance benefits will not be issued if the completed form cannot be produced.
Q: How long should I keep completed forms on file?
A: USA Gymnastics suggest that you keep all forms on file for at least 7 years. Please consult your attorney/legal council to determine the proper length of time to save and store membership forms.
Q: Athletes from another gym are joining my gym. How do I affiliate them with my club?
A: Club administrators may transfer athletes via their athlete roster. Click here to view the club administrator how to guide for instruction.
Q: The group of introductory athletes I had last season that are now going to be athletes, do I register them as new and receive a new number?
A: No, club administrators may change the membership type upon renewing the athlete under the athlete roster online. Click here to view the club administrator how to guide for instruction.
Q: I have Introductory Athletes that I have already paid for the 2015-2016 season, I need to move them to level 4 and register them as athletes. Do I assign them a new number?
A: No, club administrators now have the ability to “upgrade” athletes online via the athlete roster. Click here to view the club administration how to guide for instructions.
Q: If an Athlete leaves my gym to go to another, can I transfer the funds paid to another Athlete?
A: No, all memberships belong to the individual. All memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Q: My athletes have been competing as a level 6 and they need to be upgraded to level 7's. Can I change these levels online?
A: Yes, log on to the USA Gymnastics website, select club administration, athlete roster, and change athlete levels button to update levels.
Q: An athlete in my gym has been adopted and their last name has been changed. How do I change their name in the database?
A: For legal liability purposes all name changes must be submitted in writing by mail or fax, along with legal documentation, such as a birth certificate, court documents, or school records reflecting the new name.
Please return such documents to:
Member Services Dept.
132 E. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Q: I noticed on my athlete roster that several of my athlete's dates of births are incorrect. Can I make these corrections online?
A: No, all date of birth changes/corrections must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the athlete's name and member number. Club will be emailed in 24-48 business hours to notify you of the correction.
Q: I have an athlete who has an athlete member number, but did not compete in the 2014-2015 season. Do I continue to use that member number or do I register them as a new athlete with a new number?
A: You will continue to use the same member number. While the membership may be inactive, they will continue to use the same number. Please contact member services at 1-800-345-4719 to have them reactivated to roster to renew.
Q: I would prefer not to use the online registration system. Can I just register my athletes over the phone?
A: No, due to the legally required fields on the athlete membership application, athlete memberships CANNOT be taken over the phone. Athlete memberships can only be accepted by mail, fax or by using the online registration system.
Q: I have athletes in my gym that also occasionally coach and I would like them to attend the USA Gymnastics safety course. Can athletes attend USA Gymnastics educational courses?
A: Yes, current athlete members that are at least 15 years of age may attend any USA Gymnastics University offered courses.
Q: How can I update my child’s contact information online?
A: Click here to access step by step instructions on how to update information online.
Please feel free to contact Member Services for any other question or concerns.
USA Gymnastics Member Services Department
Phone Hours: Monday 12:30pm-5:30pm eastern standard time
Tuesday - Friday 8:30am-5:30pm eastern standard time
1-800-345-4719 toll free