||May 3-4, 2014
||Cobb County Gymnastics Center - 542 Fairground St. SE, Marietta, Georgia 30060
||An open gymnastics competition for athletes with disabilities and unified partners.
||Chattooga Gymnastics, Special Olympics Georgia, and Cobb County Special Olympics Gymnastics Team
||Rhythmic Gymnastics (Individual, Group, Unified), Artistic Gymnastics (Men, Women, Unified), Team Gym
||Cindy Bickman - email@example.com
||USA Gymnastics and Special Olympics North America
- Rhythmic and TeamGym competitors must have a current USA Gymnastics introductory or full athlete membership.
- Artistic gymnastics competitors must have a current medical form and release on file with their program office (local/state/provincial/national).
- Unified partners for artistic gymnastics must have a Unified Partner Participation form on file with their program office (local/state/provincial/national).
- Artistic Coaches must submit a signed confirmation letter from the program office with each entry. Coaches with athletes competing in Team Gym must have a USA Gymnastics Professional Membership.
|COMPETITION EVENT FORMAT:
- RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS – Levels A, B, 1, 2, 3, and 4 will follow USA Gymnastics Festival Rhythmic rules for competition. Athletes may enter 1 group routine in addition to individual competition or may choose to enter Group only and can compete in two routines. Unified is offered for all levels of individual and group.
- ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS (men & women) – Levels A, B, 1, 2, 3, and 4 will follow Special Olympics Rules for competition and awards. Unified is offered for all levels.
- TEAM GYM – Follows USA Gymnastics rules for competition and awards.
- NON-US CITIZEN COMPETITORS AND COACHES – Please complete the Foreign Athletes, Coaches and Judges form and return with your meet entry form. All fees will be waived.
- GALA – At the end of the competition on Saturday May 3, all teams are invited to perform an exhibition routine in the Gala (3 minute maximum).
- COACHING EXCELLENCE ACADEMY FOR RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS - This academy is part of the Special Olympics North America Education System. Participants will receive training and certification in Rhythmic Gymnastics coaching and competition management. Coaches, judges and athletes may attend. The workshop location is dependent on competition schedule. It will be held at the Cobb County Gymnastics Center or Chattooga School of Gymnastics (4005 Canton Road, Marietta, Georgia 30066).
||Athletes may enter two of the three disciplines (Rhythmic, Artistic, and TeamGym)
||A banquet and dance will be held Saturday evening at no cost to competing athletes and their coaches. Additional banquet tickets may be purchased for $12.00. An RSVP form for the banquet will be sent with your entry confirmation.
||All competitors and one coach per team will receive a free commemorative t-shirt. Additional t-shirts may be purchased for $16 (pre-orders only). Please send additional orders with your entry form. Click here for the T-shirt order form.
||National Travel Systems can assist booking the host hotel at a discounted group rate. Click here to make reservations
Hampton Inn Marietta
455 Franklin Road
Marietta, GA 30067
$79.00 + tax per night
||You will need to rent a car or organize you own transportation if you are flying into the Atlanta airport.