About USA Gymnastics University
University MissionProvide a multi-level, standardized education and certificate that is available throughout the country with emphasis on the proper development of gymnastics participants in a positive and safe environment.
General University InformationUSA Gymnastics University is a collection of resources for gymnastics education. The University provides greater educational opportunities for coaches, instructors, teachers, judges, and administrators at all levels and in all disciplines of gymnastics. Included as a part of the University are educational courses and programs, technical materials and publications, and a professional certificate.
There are four schools of study within the University:
- Each school is divided into several different tiers to which one may complete the specified certificate program. They are progressive and completion of one tier is required prior to obtaining the next level. Coursework for the next certificate program can be pursued at any time.
- The certificate program is comprised of designated "core" course work and school specific courses. Courses and other requirements vary depending on the school of study and specific certificate program.
General requirements for University AdmissionRegardless of what area of study one chooses, everyone within the university must:
- Successfully complete U100: Fundamental Of Gymnastics Instruction Course (online)
- Be a current USA Gymnastics Member (Professional, Junior Professional, Instructor, Athlete).
- Have a current background check with NCSI (18 years and older)
- Be responsible for knowing the course requirements for the certificate they are pursuing. (While course requirements can and will change for different certification types, those who have already received the certification will maintain as active/current certifications)
- Admission to multiple schools within the university is permitted.
- Course requirements are subject to change at any time.
Application for USA Gymnastics University Pre-Placement:Pre placement in the University ended 7/31/2014. As members, you are welcome to continue to earn completion of the certificate program by addressing the provided coursework in each school. If you have questions regarding pre placement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.