This is a 3 day intensive, hands-on training course designed for Level 8, 9, and 10 coaches. The course has been recently updated by USA Gymnastics Women’s Program National Team Coaching Staff to reflect the growing needs of gymnastics coaches across the country. Throughout the course you will be working closely with National Coaches, developing your knowledge base for Level 8-10 skills, expanding on the fundamentals of coaching Junior Olympic Athletes, and cultivating your leadership skills..
The W400 National Coaches’ Course is designed to:
- Provide 20+ hours of practical instruction where YOU will be directing the athletes
- Include 10+ hours of classroom instruction from Master Clinicians and National Coaches (Psychology, Sports Medicine, Strength, Conditioning & Flexibility and Periodization)
- Offer discussion and collaboration with National Coaches
- Demonstrate applicable progressions and skills to train Jr. Olympic Athletes Level 8-10
- Instruct how to implement training learned during camp in your own gym/How to create lesson plans
The locations for the live courses are:
National Team Training Center - 454 Forest Service Road #200 Huntsville TX 77340
Monday, May 29, 2017 12:00 AM to Thursday, June 1, 2017 11:59 PM
Athletes attending the W400 National Coaches’ Course have the unique opportunity to train with USA Gymnastics National Coaches as well as other experienced Level 8-10 athletes and coaches from across the country. In addition to quality training time in the gym, athletes can expect to enjoy other activities including, but not limited to: swimming, crafts, choreographed dancing, etc. It’s a great learning experience for all athletes and highly recommended by USA Gymnastics that all coaches bring at least one athlete.
Haven't created a username and password? Click here.
once you are logged in.
USA Gymnastics National Team Training Center
454 Forest Service Road #200
Huntsville, Texas 77340
Check-in begins May 29 11am-1pm
Training begins promptly at 2pm
Training ends 12pm on June 1 (attendees flying should plan to book flights home after 4pm)
|Registration Requirements:||USA Gymnastics Professional members (Certifying Coach)
$475 – If registering 1 or more athletes
$550 – If registering no athletes
U100 Fundamental of Gymnastics Instruction (free online)
If you are not Junior Olympic Team Coach certified you MUST apply to attend the W400 National Team Coaches’ Course. Click here for the application. Completed applications should be faxed to: 317.692.5212 attention: Education Services or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
George Bush Intercontinental Airport (Houston, TX) – approximately 52 miles from the training center.
William P Hobby International Airport (Houston, TX) – approximately 76 miles away from the training center
- A shuttle service is NOT available via USA Gymnastics. Attendees are recommended to rent a car. (Once registration is final/closed group communication will be sent where attendees may have the opportunity to share rental cars with one another).
- Bring snacks (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided, but it is advised you bring healthy snacks for between meals)
- Bring bottled water/Gatorade/etc.
- There is a Kroger on the way to the Karolyi's Ranch where snacks/drinks can be purchased
- Attendance at ALL sessions
- Full participation in all areas and events
- Spotting skill
- Teamwork and Group Participation
- Technical Knowledge
- Organizational Abilities
- Athlete Management and Safety
- No electronic devices during the training sessions
- Dress in appropriate attire that reflects the best image of gymnastics.
- Athletic shoes with rubberized soles.
- Athletic warm-up pants or "Docker-syle" pants (No jeans).
- Athletic or tailored shorts that are of a reasonable length. No holes, tears or short shorts.
- Collared shirts, business casual shirts or T-shirts with gym logo. (No spaghetti straps, low-cut tops or midriff revealing shirts).
- No hats or visors.
Upon completion of the course, members can print out a certificate of course completion on their USA Gymnastics "My Profile" page. (Please allow 3-4 weeks)