The W200 Development Coaches Course: HOTD has been developed to:
- Enhance the status of beginning level competitive gymnastics programs throughout the United States.
- Establish certificate program requirements which will help identify competent pre-team and competitive (Level 1-4) gymnastics coaches.
- Provide appropriate skills, drills and techniques for entry level competitive coaches.
- Help standardize pre-team and entry level competitive gymnastics teaching throughout the United States.
- Provide resources, instructional materials, and assistance at levels 1-4 coaching
- Provides Hands on Spotting on all four Olympic Events.
Attendance to the W200 course is eligible for 6 hours of CPE credit.
Sample Schedule (please note – subject to change)
Check-in - 8:30-9:00 am
Welcome/introductions - 9:05-9:10 am
Floor - 9:10-11:10 am
Break - 11:10-11:15 am
Beam - 11:15 am-12:15 pm
Working Meal Break/Coaching 101 - 12:15-1:00 pm
Bars - 1:00-2:30 pm
Break - 2:30-2:35 pm
Vault - 2:35-3:20 pm
Lesson Planning/ Conclusions - 3:20-4:00 pm
The locations for the live courses are:
Gymstars Gymnastics - 5170 Pentecost Dr., Suite 2 Modesto CA 95356
Sunday, June 4, 2017 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Twisters Gymnastics -4625 Tower Terrace Rd NE Cedar Rapids IA 52411
Sunday, June 18, 2017 01:30 PM to 08:30 PM
Erie Gymnastics Center - 4725 Park Harbor Drive Erie PA 16511
Sunday, June 25, 2017 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Precision Gymnastics - 9518 9th street #B Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730
Sunday, July 9, 2017 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Ocean State School of Gymnastics - 3 New England Way Lincoln RI 02865
Sunday, August 6, 2017 01:30 PM to 08:30 PM
Champion Gymnastics - 11100 Plantside Drive Louisville KY 40299
Sunday, September 17, 2017 01:30 PM to 08:30 PM
Haven't created a username and password? Click here.
If someone you are trying to register is not on your roster please use the downloadable form below.
By Mail or Fax
- $70 for USA Gymnastics Members (Save $5 by registering online)
Professional, Jr. Professional, Instructor and Athlete (age 14 or older)
- $85 for Non Members (includes a complimentary Instructor Membership - 18 years and older - A background check is required). (A certificate/university credit is unavailable to Non-Members)
Not a member? | APPLY NOW!
- Course attendees must be a minimum of 14 years old.
- Pre-registration can be done online up to 48 hours prior to the live course. Pre-registration can also be done by mail or fax and must be received two weeks prior to the course.
- A late fee of $25 will incur for all online registrations beginning five days prior to the live course. A late fee of $25 will incur for all mail/faxed registrations received less than two weeks prior to a live course.
- All on-site registrations will be charged a $25 late fee and are not guaranteed course materials or a spot in the course.
- Registered individuals may cancel their registration and request a refund within 30 days following a course. A 25% processing fee will apply. Course Cancellation and Refund Form
- Individuals registered for a W200 HOTD course may transfer their registration to another HOTD course at a different date/time (using the Course Transfer Form). Transfers to another live course must be done at least 2 weeks prior to the new course or late fees will apply. Individuals MAY NOT transfer registration to another type of course or to another individual.
- USA Gymnastics reserves the right to cancel and/or change the date of any live hands-on training course due to lack of registration(s).
Click here to view new compulsory materials for Women's Gymnastics.
Interested in hosting a course in your club? Click here to learn how.
Upon completion of the course, members can print out a certificate of course completion on their USA Gymnastics "My Profile" page. (Please allow 3-4 weeks)