W200: Development Coaches Course: Hands on Training (HOTD)
Course DescriptionThis newly developed course is a live, six-hour, hands-on training course designed for Levels 3-5 coaches. Course topics include drills and skill progressions on each event, lesson planning and hands-on spotting. This is a great hands-on experience of drills and skill progression with instructors demonstrating. The W200 participants are able to see the progressions of each skill presented LIVE and have a great understanding of how to teach and break down the skills.
The W200 Development Coaches Course: HOTD has been developed to:
- Enhance the status of beginning level competitive gymnastics programs throughout the United States.
- Establish certificate program requirements which will help identify competent compulsory level coaches.
- Provide appropriate skills, drills and techniques for entry level competitive coaches.
- Help standardize entry level competitive gymnastics teaching throughout the United States.
- Provide resources, instructional materials, and assistance at levels 3-5 coaching.
- Provides Hands on Spotting on all four Olympic Events.
Attendance to the W200 course is eligible for 6 hours of CPE credit.
The locations for the upcoming live courses are:
This is a live course!
RegistrationClick the button below to register online for the W200 Development Coaches Course: Hands on Training (HOTD). You must be logged in order to register. (username and personal password—which you created).
Haven't created a username and password? Click here.
You must be at least 14 years of age to take this course.
- $80 for USA Gymnastics Members: Recreational Coach, Competitive Coach, Judge, Meet Director, Owner/Managing Director, Athlete (aged 14 or older)
- Not a member? | APPLY NOW!
- Course attendees must be a minimum of 14 years old
- Attendees age 18 and older MUST complete U110: U.S. Center Safe Sport Core course to attend this training.
- All participants aged 18 or older must have a current criminal background check.
- Pre-registration can be done online up to 5 business days prior to the live course.
- All on-site registrations will be charged a $25 late fee and are not guaranteed course materials or a spot in the course.
- Registered individuals may cancel their registration and request a refund within 30 days following a course. A 25% processing fee will apply. Cancellation requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individuals registered for a W200 HOTD course may transfer their registration to another W200 HOTD course at a different date/time (using the Course Transfer Form). Transfers to another live course must be done at least 5 business days prior to the new course or late fees will apply.
- USA Gymnastics reserves the right to cancel and/or change the date of any live hands-on training course due to lack of registration(s).