The School Age/Recreational Course has been developed to:
- Enhance and standardize recreational gymnastics programs throughout the United States.
- Provide appropriate information for school-aged recreational coaches with the emphasis on safety, individual development, fitness and fun.
- Provide information on games, warm ups, progressions on bars, beam, vault, floor and trampoline, lesson planning and age appropriate skills and drills
- Provide HANDS ON SPOTTING
R103 is a companion to U100 Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction course (online). It is highly recommended that you complete U100 prior to R103. However, it is not a requirement to take U100 prior. U100 covers the theories and concepts of gymnastics education and R103 builds on those concepts by providing practical examples and experience. Please click here for more information on U100 Fundamental of Gymnastics Instruction.
The course will take approximately five hours to complete.
The locations for the live courses are:
San Diego Gymnastics - 2751 roosevelt Rd San Diego CA 92106
Saturday, May 21, 2016 12:00 PM to 06:00 PM
ASI Gymnastics Plano West - 4051 Rosemeade Pkwy Dallas TX 75287
Friday, June 17, 2016 02:00 PM to 08:00 PM
Cabarrus County Gymnastics - 1029 Central Dr NW Concord NC 28027
Sunday, June 19, 2016 12:30 PM to 06:30 PM
Haven't created a username and password? Click here.
By Mail, Email or Fax
You can send your entire preschool and recreational staff to this course for as low as $45 a person.
NEW MEMBER CLUB PRICING AVAILABLE!
**USA Gymnastics Member Clubs have the opportunity to register anyone in their club when they use the Member Club Group Registration Form.
- In order to receive the Member Club tiered pricing the club MUST be a current USA Gymnastics Member Club. Not a member club? Click here.
- Member Clubs, download PDF Registration Form.
- The individuals registered as part of the Member Club Group Registration are NOT required to be members of USA Gymnastics. Non members must register with the Member Club registration form.
- Only current Professional, Instructor, Jr. Professional and Athlete members (14 years and older) will receive University credit and certificate for the completion of the course
- Current USA Gymnastics Member Online R103: Registration: $65
- Current USA Gymnastics Member In-House R103 Registration: $70
- R103 Course Audit: $85 (a certificate/university credit is unavailable to non-members)
- Non-Member: $85. Click here to become a Member and receive the course for $65!
- Pre-registration can be done online up to 48 hours prior to the live course. Pre-registration can also be done by mail or fax and must be received two weeks prior to the course.
- A late fee of $25 will incur for all online registrations beginning the Monday prior to the live course. A late fee of $25 will incur for all mail/faxed registrations received less than two weeks prior to a live course.
- All on-site registrations will be charged a $25 late fee and are not guaranteed course materials or a spot in the course.
- Registered individuals may cancel their registration and request a refund within 30 days following a course. A 25% processing fee will apply. Course Cancellation and Refund Form
- Individuals registered for a R103 HOTSA course may transfer their registration to another HOTPS course at a different date/time (using the Course Transfer Form). Transfers to another live course must be done at least 2 weeks prior to the new course or late fees will apply. Individuals MAY NOT transfer registration to another type of course or to another individual.
- USA Gymnastics reserves the right to cancel and/or change the date of any live hands-on training course due to lack of registration(s).
Click here to view supplementary school age teacher training products.
Upon completion of the course, members can print out a certificate of course completion on their USA Gymnastics "My Profile" page. Note: Allow 3-4 weeks for the certificate to become available once course has been completed.
Non Members registering under a Member Club will not obtain university credit or a certificate. If membership is obtained after the course, university credit and certificates will be granted.