The School Age/Recreational Course has been developed to:
- Enhance and standardize recreational gymnastics programs throughout the United States.
- Provide appropriate information for school-aged recreational coaches with the emphasis on safety, individual development, fitness and fun.
- Provide information on games, warm ups, progressions on bars, beam, vault, floor and trampoline, lesson planning and age appropriate skills and drills
- Provide HANDS ON SPOTTING
R103 is a companion to U100 Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction course (online). It is highly recommended that you complete U100 prior to R103. However, it is not a requirement to take U100 prior. U100 covers the theories and concepts of gymnastics education and R103 builds on those concepts by providing practical examples and experience. Please click here for more information on U100 Fundamental of Gymnastics Instruction.
The course will take approximately five hours to complete.
You can send your entire preschool and recreational staff to this course for as low as $45 a person.
NEW MEMBER CLUB PRICING AVAILABLE!
**USA Gymnastics Member Clubs have the opportunity to register anyone in their club when they use the Member Club Group Registration Form.
- In order to receive the Member Club tiered pricing the club MUST be a current USA Gymnastics Member Club. Not a member club? Click here.
- Member Clubs, download PDF Registration Form.
- The individuals registered as part of the Member Club Group Registration are NOT required to be members of USA Gymnastics. Non members must register with the Member Club registration form.
- Only current Professional, Instructor, Jr. Professional and Athlete members (14 years and older) will receive University credit and certificate for the completion of the course
- $70 for USA Gymnastics Members (Save $5 by registering online)
Professional, Jr. Professional, Instructor and Athlete (age 14 or older)
- $85 for Non Members (includes a complimentary Instructor Membership - 18 years and older - A background check is required)
Not a member? | APPLY NOW!
*Non Members cannot register online for this course and must download the registration form.
- Course attendees must be a minimum of 14 years old.
- Pre-registration can be done online up to one week prior to the live course. Pre-registration by mail or fax must be received two weeks prior to the course. Late or onsite registrations will incur a $25 fee in addition to the registration fee. Late registrations are not guaranteed course materials or a spot in the course.
- Registered individuals may cancel their registration and request a refund within 30 days following a course. A 25% processing fee will apply. Course Cancellation and Refund Form
- Individuals registered for a R103 HOTSA course may transfer their registration to another HOTPS course at a different date/time (using the Course Transfer Form). Transfers to another live course must be done at least 2 weeks prior to the new course or late fees will apply. Individuals MAY NOT transfer registration to another type of course or to another individual.
- USA Gymnastics reserves the right to cancel and/or change the date of any live hands-on training course due to lack of registration(s).
Click here to view supplementary school age teacher training products.
Upon completion of the course, members can print out a certificate of course completion on their USA Gymnastics "My Membership" page. (Please allow 3-4 weeks)
Non Members registering under a Member Club will not obtain university credit or a certificate. If membership is obtained after the course, university credit and certificates will be granted.