It is strongly recommended to complete R101 prior to taking R102 Preschool Fundamentals: Hands on Training (HOTPS), but this is not a requirement. The course will take approximately four hours to complete.
The locations for the live courses are:
California Sports Center - 336 Race Street San Jose CA 95126
Saturday, March 4, 2017 02:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Vacaville Gymnastics - 551 Davis Street VACAVILLE CA 95688
Sunday, March 26, 2017 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas Near the Galleria - 4099 Valley View Lane Dallas TX 75244
Saturday, June 10, 2017 05:00 PM to 10:00 PM
DoubleTree by Hilton Cedar Rapids Convention Complex - 350 1st Ave Cedar Rapids IA 52401
Sunday, June 18, 2017 01:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia - 4355 Ashford Dunwoody Rd Dunwoody GA 30346
Thursday, June 22, 2017 05:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Black Hills Gymnastics - 7961A 29th Ave Lacey WA 98516
Sunday, June 25, 2017 03:30 AM to 08:30 PM
Motion Matrix - 2051 NW Hawthorne Ave. Grant Pass OR 97526
Friday, July 28, 2017 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Omni Providence Hotel - 1 W. Exchange St. Providence RI 02903
Sunday, August 6, 2017 01:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Anaheim Convention Center - 800 W Katella Ave Anaheim CA 92802
Wednesday, August 16, 2017 01:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Galt House - 140 N Fourth St. Louisville KY 40202
Sunday, September 17, 2017 01:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Haven't created a username and password? Click here.
If someone you are trying to register is not on your roster please use the downloadable form below.
By Mail, Email or Fax
You can send your entire preschool and recreational staff to this course for as low as $45 a person.
NEW MEMBER CLUB PRICING AVAILABLE!
**USA Gymnastics Member Clubs have the opportunity to register anyone in their club when they use the Member Club Group Registration Form.
- In order to receive the Member Club tiered pricing the club MUST be a current USA Gymnastics Member Club. Not a member club? Click here.
- Member Clubs, download PDF Registration Form.
- The individuals registered as part of the Member Club Group Registration are NOT required to be members of USA Gymnastics. Non members must register with the Member Club registration form.
- Only current Professional, Instructor, Jr. Professional and Athlete members (14 years and older) will receive University credit and certificate for the completion of the course
- Current USA Gymnastics Member Online R102: Registration: $65
- Current USA Gymnastics Member In-House R102 Registration: $70
- R102 Course Audit: $85 (a certificate/university credit is unavailable to non-members)
- Non-Member: $85. Click here to become a Member and receive the course for $65!
- Pre-registration can be done online up to 48 hours prior to the live course. Pre-registration can also be done by mail or fax and must be received two weeks prior to the course.
- A late fee of $25 will incur for all online registrations beginning five days prior to the live course. A late fee of $25 will incur for all mail/faxed registrations received less than two weeks prior to a live course.
- All on-site registrations will be charged a $25 late fee and are not guaranteed course materials or a spot in the course.
- Registered individuals may cancel their registration and request a refund within 30 days following a course. A 25% processing fee will apply. Course Cancellation and Refund Form
- Individuals registered for a R102 HOTPS course may transfer their registration to another HOTPS course at a different date/time (using the Course Transfer Form). Transfers to another live course must be done at least 2 weeks prior to the new course or late fees will apply.
- USA Gymnastics reserves the right to cancel and/or change the date of any live hands-on training course due to lack of registration(s).
- Enhance the status of recreational gymnastics programs throughout the United States.
- Establish requirements for certification which will help identify competent preschool and recreational gymnastics teachers.
- Provide appropriate information for preschool and recreational gymnastics teachers.
- Help standardize recreational gymnastics teaching throughout the United States.
- Provide resources, instructional materials, and assistance at all levels of teaching.
- This course is focused on teaching gymnastics movement education to preschool children (ages 1-5).
- Preschool Fundamentals - Questions and Answers - FAQ regarding the Preschool Fundamentals courses.
- List of National Instructors HOTPS
Additional Resources: Please visit the USA gymnastics online store for an opportunity to purchase the KAT and Movement Education Lesson Plan Development (MELPD) work books. These resources compliment material presented in the R101 and R102 Preschool Fundamentals courses.
Click here to view supplementary Preschool teacher products.
Interested in hosting a course in your club? Click here to learn how.
Upon completion of the course, members can print out a certificate of course completion on their USA Gymnastics "My Profile" page. Note: Allow 3-4 weeks for the certificate to become available once course has been completed.
Non Members registering under a Member Club will not obtain university credit or a certificate. If membership is obtained after the course, university credit and certificates will be granted.