Paul HammBirthdate: 9/24/1982
Program: Men's Artistic
Current Residence: Glen Ellyn, IL
Club: Premier Gymnastics Academy
Head Coach: Miles Avery
- Member of the 2016 USA Gymnastics Hall of Fame class
- 2004 Olympic all-around gold medalist and team and horizontal bars silver medalist.
- 2003 World all-around and floor exercise (tie) gold medalist and team silver medalist.
- 2002 World floor exercise bronze medalist.
- 2001 World team silver medalist.
- A member of the 2000 U.S. Olympic Team.
- 2008 Tyson American Cup all-around champion.
- 2008 Winter Cup Challenge all-around, floor exercise and parallel bars champion.
- 2007 U.S. floor exercise champion.
- 2004 U.S. all-around, floor exercise and horizontal bar champion.
- 2004 Winter Cup Challenge pommel horse champion.
- 2003 U.S. all-around, pommel horse and horizontal bar champion.
- 2002 U.S. all-around, pommel horse and vault champion.
- 2002 Winter Cup Challenge floor exercise and vault champion.
- USA Gymnastics' Sportsman of the Year for 2008.
About Paul HammHometown: Waukesha, WI
Name of College: Ohio State University
College Graduation Year: 2007
Year you began gymnastics: 1989
National Competition Results
- 2012 Winter Cup Challenge, Las Vegas, Nev. -
- 2008 Visa Championships, Houston, Texas - withdrew after first day of competition due to injury
- 2008 Winter Cup Challenge, Las Vegas, Nev. - 1st-AA, FX, PB; 2nd-PH, HB
- 2007 Visa Championships, San Jose, Calif. - 1st-FX; 4th-PH
- 2004 Visa Championships, Nashville, Tenn. - 1st-AA, FX, HB; 2nd-PH, PB(T)
- 2004 Winter Cup, Las Vegas, Nev. - 1st-PH; 3rd-HB
- 2003 National Championships, Milwaukee, Wis. - 1st-AA, PH, HB; 2nd-FX, PB(T)
- 2002 U.S. Championships, Cleveland, Ohio - 1st-AA, PH, VT; 2nd-FX; 3rd-PB; 6th-SR(T)
- 2002 Winter Cup Challenge, Las Vegas, Nev. - 1st-FX, VT; 2nd-AA
- 2001 National Championships, Philadelphia, Pa. -
- 2000 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, St. Louis, Mo. - 3rd-AA
- 2000 Winter Cup Challenge, Las Vegas, Nev. - 3rd-FX(T), PH
- 1999 World Team Trials, Kansas City, Mo. -
- 1999 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Sacramento, Calif. -
- 1999 Men's Junior Olympic National Championships, Houston, Texas -
- 1999 Winter Cup Challenge, Las Vegas, Nev. -
International Competition Results
- 2008 Pacific Rim Gymnastics Championships, San Jose, Calif. - 1st-Team, AA, PH, PB(T); 2nd-FX; 3rd-HB; 5th-SR
- 2008 Tyson American Cup, New York, N.Y. - 1st-AA
- 2004 Olympic Games, Athens, Greece - 1st-AA; 2nd-Team, HB
- 2004 Pacific Alliance Championships, Honolulu, Hawaii - 1st-Team, AA, VT, HB; 2nd-FX; 3rd-PH(T), PB
- 2004 World Cup, Lyon, France -
- 2004 Visa American Cup, New York, N.Y. - 2nd-SR; 3rd-AA, VT(T), PB
- 2003 World Championships, Anaheim, Calif. - 1st-AA, FX(T); 2nd-Team
- 2002 Individual Event World Championships, Debrecen, Hungary - 3rd-FX
- 2002 Sino-American Team Competition, Beijing, China -
- 2002 Pacific Alliance Championships, Vancouver, B.C., Canada - 1st-Team, AA, VT, HB(T); 3rd-FX
- 2002 Visa American Cup, Orlando, Fla. - 2nd-AA
- 2001 World Championships, Ghent, Belgium - 2nd-Team; 7th-AA
- 2001 Pontiac American Team Cup, Honolulu, Hawaii - 1st-Team
- 2000 Olympic Games, Syndey, Australia - 5th-Team
- 1999 Pontiac International Team Championships, Richmond, Va. - 1st-Team, AA
Videos of Paul Hamm
- Women: AA = All Around | VT = Vault | UB = Uneven Bars | BB = Balance Beam | FX = Floor Exercise | (T) = Tie
- Men: AA = All Around | FX = Floor Exercise | PH = Pommel Horse | SR = Still Rings | VT = Vault | PB = Parallel Bars | HB = Horizontal Bars | (T) = Tie
- Rhythmic: AA = All Around | RP = Rope | HP = Hoop | BA = Ball | CL = Clubs | RB = Ribbon | (T) = Tie
- Acro: DY = Dynamic | BL = Balance | AA = All Around
- T&T: TR = Trampoline | TU = Tumbling | DM = Double Mini | SY = Synchronized Trampoline