Hometown: Mastic Beach, N.Y.
Residence: Gaithersburg, Md.
Date/Place of Birth: Sept. 21, 1980/East Patchogue, N.Y.
Club: Hill's Angels
Coach: Kelli Hill
School: Gaithersburg High School
Year in School: 12th (Fall, '97)
Years on National Team: 1 (1995-96)
Began Gymnastics: 1986
Favorite Event: Floor exercise
Hobbies: Reading, going to the beach, traveling, watching movies
Tomasek went from 25th all-around as a junior in 1994 to 13th all-around as a senior in '95. She moved from New York to Maryland in June 1995 to train at Hill's Angels. Tomasek's favorite subject in school is science, and she plans to enroll at the University of Alabama in the fall of 1998, where she will major in sports medicine. She previously played soccer. She enjoys going to the beach, traveling, creating photo albums and hanging out with friends and family.
- 1998 Summer Olympic Festival, Rio de Janeiro, BRA; 4th-Team, 3rd-Mixed Pairs (with Jay Thornton)
- 1997 Pan American Championships, Medellin, COL; 2nd-Team, 5th-AA, 1st-BB, 2nd-FX
- 1995 Boland Bank International Challenge, Cape Town, RSA; 2nd-AA, 3rd-V, 2nd-UB, 1st-BB, 4th-FX
- 1995 Boland Bank International Challenge, Pretoria, RSA; 2nd-AA, 3rd-V & UB, 2nd-BB, 3rd-FX
- 1997 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Denver, Colo.; 17th-AA, T20th-V, 34th-UB, 2nd-BB, 17th-FX
- 1997 U.S. Classic, Seattle, Wash.; 2nd-AA
- 1996 U.S. Classic, Colorado Springs, Colo.; 6th-AA
- 1995 World Team Trials, Austin, Texas; 14th-AA
- 1995 Coca-Cola National Championships, New Orleans, La.; 13th-AA, 4th-BB
- 1995 U.S. Classic, Birmingham, Ala.; 10th-AA, 9th-BB, 7th-FX
- 1995 American Classic/Pan American Games Trials, Oakland, Calif.; 28th-AA
- 1994 Coca-Cola National Championships, Nashville, Tenn.; 25th-AA (Jr. Div.)
- 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival, St. Louis, Mo.; 21st-AA, 4th-Team
- 1994 American Classic/World Championships Trials, Orlando, Fla.; 9th-AA (Jr. Div.)
- 1993 American Classic/World Championships Trials, Murray, Utah; 15th-AA, 2nd-V (Jr. Div.)
updated: 27 Jan 1998