1995 World Championships Bronze Medalist
Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colo.
Residence: Colorado Springs, Colo.
Date/Place of Birth: February 17, 1981/Wheatridge, Colo.
Club: Colorado Aerials
Coach: Tom and Lori Forster
School: home school
Year in School: 9th (Fall, '95)
Years on National Team: 4 (1992, 1993-94, 1994-95, 1995-96)
Began Gymnastics: 1988
Favorite Apparatus/Event: Floor exercise and uneven bars
Hobbies: Swimming, bike riding
Thompson, nicknamed "Doni", maintains a 3.6 grade point average, and science is her favorite subject. She would like to become an emergency room doctor like her father. She has two older brothers, Brandon and Kent and an older sister Jenny. Future goals include making the 1996 Olympic Team. Thompson started gymnastics because "it sounded like fun." She makes ceramic pots and sells them to help out with her traveling costs. Thompson likes to go camping and enjoys feeding the deer and raccoons that come into her yard in Colorado Springs. She is named after her Uncle Don who died of brain cancer at age 21. Doni is the 1995 Coca-Cola National Champion on beam.
- 1995 World Championships, Sabae, Japan; 3rd-Team
- 1995 Pan American Games, Mar del Plata, Argentina; 1st-Team
- 1995 McDonald's American Cup, Seattle, Wash.; 5th-AA (prelims.)
- 1994 Golden Sands Invitational, Sofia, Bulgaria; 2nd(t)-AA
- 1994 Budget Rent a Car Invitational: USA vs. Romania, Worcester, Mass.; 2nd-Team, did not compete AA
- 1993 Catania Cup, Catania, Italy; 10th-AA, 4th-UB
- 1993 Commonwealth Games, British Columbia, Canada; 3rd-AA, 1st-UB, 5th-V & FX, 7th-BB
- 1992 Mexican Olympic Festival, Ciudad Victoria, Mexico; 1st-AA, FX, UB, V & BB
- 1995 World Team Trials, Austin, Texas; 7th-AA
- 1995 Coca-Cola National Championships, New Orleans, La.; 7th-AA, 1st(t)-BB, 2nd-UB
- 1995 American Classic/Pan American Games Trials, Oakland, Calif.; 6th-AA, 7th-FX
- 1994 Coca-Cola National Championships, Nashville, Tenn.; 2nd-AA, V & BB, 3rd-FX (junior division)
- 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival, St. Louis, Mo.; 1st-AA, 2nd-Team, 1st-BB, 1st(t)-UB, 2nd(t)-FX, 6th-V
- 1994 American Classic/World Championships Trials, Orlando, Fla.; 1st (t)-AA (junior division)
- 1993 Coca-Cola National Championships, Salt Lake City, Utah; 5th-AA (junior division)
- 1993 American Classic, Murray, Utah; 2nd-AA, 1st-UB & FX, 4th-V (junior division)
- 1992 U.S. Classic, Knoxville, Tenn.; 1st-AA & UB & V, 2nd-BB, 5th-FX (junior division)
updated: 11 Oct 1995