Hometown: Simsbury, Conn.
Residence: Simsbury, Conn.
Date/Place of Birth: Nov. 15, 1981/Lancaster, Pa.
Club: New England Gymnastics Express
Coach: Maureen Chagnan, Blane Jefferson
School: Simsbury High School
Year in School: 11th (Fall '97)
Began Gymnastics: 1983
Favorite Event: Balance beam
Hobbies: Shopping, listening to music
Rutherford's favorite subject in school is math, and she maintains a 3.5 GPA. Her older sister is also a competitive gymnast who is attending the University of Pittsburgh on a full athletic scholarship.
- 1995 Pacific Alliance Cali, COL; 1st-team (jr. div.)
- 1998 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Indianapolis; 15th-AA, 13th-V, 23rd-UB, 12th-BB, 17th-FX
- 1998 U.S. Classic, San Antonio, Texas; 5th-AA, 6th-V, 3rd-UB, 11th-BB, 14th-FX
- 1998 American Classic, Orlando, Fla.; 22nd-AA, T31st-V, 12th-UB, T31st-BB, T14th-FX
- 1997 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Denver, Colo.; 32nd-AA, 32nd-V, 32nd-UB, 26th-BB, 31st-FX
- 1995 Coca-Cola National Championships, New Orleans, La.; 7th-AA (Jr. Div.)
- 1995 U.S. Olympic Festival, Boulder, Colo.; 15th-AA
- 1995 U.S. Classic, Birmingham, Ala.; 11th-AA, 4th-V, 9th-FX (Jr. Div.)
- 1995 American Classic/Pan American Games Trials, Oakland, Calif.; 7th-AA (Jr. Div.)
- 1994 U.S. Classic, Palm Springs, Calif.; (junior national division)
- 1994 American Classic, Orlando, Fla.; (junior national division)
- 1993 U.S. Classic, Austin, Texas; 10th-AA (junior national division)
- 1993 American Classic, Salt Lake City, Utah; 7th-AA (junior national division)
updated: 24 Aug 1998