Hometown: Rockville, Md.
Years on National Team: 5 (1995-2000)
Residence: Rockville, Md.
Date/Place of Birth: Dec. 9, 1981/Burlington, Wis.
Club: Hill's Angels
Coach: Kelli Hill, Jen Bundy
School: Stanford University
Year in School: Freshman (Fall '00)
Began Gymnastics: 1989
Favorite Event: Uneven bars
Math and science are Phelp's favorite subjects in school and she plans to major in Biology. Although they share the same last name, Robin is not related to 1996 Olympic gold medalist Jaycie Phelps. Robin has two sisters who are also athletic: older sister Ellie plays softball and volleyball, while younger sister Holly swims competitively. When everyone is home from school and sports, Robin enjoys playing cards, any type of board game, and jumping on the trampoline in the back yard. She loves animals and has a black Labrador retriever named Mandy.
- 1999 Copa Internacional IMSS, Merida, Mexico; 4th-AA
- 1996 Catania Cup, Catania, ITA
- 1996 Romanian International Tournament, Ploesti, ROM; 6th-AA, 5th-FX, 6th-V & UB, 7th-BB
- 1999 World Team Trials, Kansas City, Mo.; 6th-AA
- 1999 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Sacramento; 8th-AA, 8th-V, 7th-UB, 7th-BB, 6th-FX
- 1999 U.S. Classic, Rochester, NY; 3rd-AA
- 1998 American Classic, Orlando, Fla.; 11th-AA, 9th-V, T14th-UB, T16th-BB, 7th-FX
- 1996 Coca-Cola National Championships, Knoxville, Tenn.; 13th-AA, 2nd-UB, 7th-V (jr. div.)
- 1996 U.S. Classic, Colorado Springs, Colo.; 8th-AA, 7th-V, (jr. div.)
- 1996 American Classic/World Championships Trials, Tulsa, Okla.; T5th-AA (jr. div.)
- 1995 Coca-Cola National Championships, New Orleans, La.; 5th-AA & V, 1st-UB (jr. div.)
- 1995 U.S. Classic, Birmingham, Ala.; 1st-AA & V, T2nd-UB, 10th-BB, T4th-FX (jr. div.)