1987 National Champion
1987 Pan American Games Medalist
Hometown: Baton Rouge, La.
Residence: Asbury Park, N.J.
Birth Date/Place: March 23, 1972/Baton Rouge, La.
Former Club: Karolyi's Gymnastics
Began Gymnastics: 1976
Favorite Apparatus/Event: Floor Exercise
Hobbies: Swimming, water skiing, going out with friends
Phillips attended Louisiana State University from 1990-1993. She was involved with journalism and theater. She was a two year member of the varsity cheerleading team and competed at the NCAA Championships. She was also a member of the Delta Gamma sorority. Phillips moved to New York City in July of 1993 to further her acting career. She coached gymnastics at Chelsea Piers Gymnastics as a class instructor. Her appearances include promotional commercials for NBC and Delta Airlines and appeared on The David Letterman Show (as the performing pants of David Letterman's Production Co., Worldwide Pants). She was honorary youth leader for the March of Dimes from 1989-1992. She appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated at the age of 14. In 1987, she was one of 10 finalists for the AAU James E. Sullivan Award. She starred as leading female in a major motion film "Spitfire" by Trimark Productions and was the lead stunt double for the NBC television movie "The Perfect Body." and was the 1999 SportsWomen of the Year. Kristie is married to recording artist Horatio Bannister (www.horatio.net). She currently trains at World Wide Gymnastics in Old Bridge, N.J. with Bruce Kelly and Kelly Alliger. Kristie's web site is www.kristiephillips.com.
- 1997 Reese's International Gymnastics Cup, Anaheim, Calif.; 2nd-AA (with Lilia Podkopayeva)
- 1996 Reese's International Gymnastics Cup, Portland, Ore.; 1st-AA & BB, 2nd-UB, 4th-FX
- 1987 World Championships, Rotterdam, NED; 45th-AA, 6th-Team
- 1987 Pan American Games, Indianapolis; 2nd-AA, 3rd-V, 1st-FX, 1st-Team
- 1987 McDonald's Challenge USA/USSR, Denver, Colo.; 1st-AA, T5th-V & UB, 1st-BB, T3rd-FX
- 1987 McDonald's International Mixed Pairs, Norfolk, Va.; with Brian Ginsberg
- 1987 McDonald's American Cup, Fairfax, Va.; 1st-AA, 3rd-V & UB, 1st-BB, 3rd-FX
- 1986 USA-China/McDonald's Classic, Honolulu, Hawaii; 2nd-AA, 4th-V, 6th-BB, 2nd-FX
- 1986 Canadian Classic, Ontario, CAN; 1st-AA & V & FX & UB, T6th-BB
- 1986 World's Sports Fair, Tokyo, JPN; 2nd-V, 5th-AA
- 1986 McDonald's American Cup, Fairfax, Va.; 1st-AA
- 1986 McDonald's International Mixed Pairs, Hampton, Va.; 2nd with Brian Ginsberg
- 1985 City of Popes, Avignon, FRA; 6th-AA, 1st-FX, 5th-BB & V
- 1984 Canadian Classic, Calgary, CAN; 7th-AA, 2nd-FX, 3rd-UB
- 1988 U.S. Olympic Trials, Salt Lake City, Utah; 8th-AA(second alternate), 2nd-BB, 6th-FX, 8th-V
- 1988 McDonald's U.S. Championships, Houston, Texas; 9th-AA, 2nd-BB
- 1987 McDonald's U.S. Championships, Kansas City, Mo.; 1st-AA, 2nd-V, T3rd-UB, 1st-BB & FX
- 1987 U.S. Classic, St. Paul, Minn.; 1st-AA
- 1986 U.S. Olympic Festival, Houston, Texas; 1st-AA & BB & FX & V, 7th-UB, 3rd-Team
- 1986 McDonald's Championships of the USA, Indianapolis; 1st-AA (jr. div.)
- 1986 American Classic, Provo, Utah; 1st-AA (jr. div.)
- 1985 Junior USA Championships, Salt Lake City, Utah; 1st-AA