1997 World Championships Team Member
1995 World Championships Team Member
Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif./San Diego, Calif.
Residence: Knoxville, Tenn.
Birth Date/Place: April 29, 1975/Los Angeles, Calif.
Club: Team Texaco - USOC
Previous Coaches: Steve Butcher, Ron Brant, Vitaly Marinitch
School: University of Tennessee
Major: Media Management/Communications
Favorite Event: Pommel horse
Began Gymnastics: 1981
Years on Sr. National Team: 7 (1993-00)
Years on Jr. National Team: 1 (1991-92)
A member of the fifth-place 1996 Olympic Team, the strongest men's Olympic Team showing since 1984...attends the University of Colorado...would like to break into the entertainment industry, perhaps as a television broadcaster... father is a producer/director...mother is an actress... very active in community service and does work for the "Make a Wish Foundation"... enjoys skiing, collecting movies, reading non-fiction and playing golf.
- 1999 World University Games, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- 1997 World Gymnastics Championships, Lausanne, SUI; 5th-Team
- 1997 International Team Championships (USA, CHN, ROM), Cincinnati, Ohio; 1st-Team
- 1996 Olympic Games, Atlanta, Ga.; 5th-Team, 29th-AA (Competition II)
- 1996 McDonald's American Cup, Ft. Worth, Texas; 3rd-AA (prelims.) 4th-FX, 4th(t)-PH, 5th-SR, 4th-V, 6th-PB, 3rd-HB
- 1995 Chunichi Cup, Nagoya, JPN; 9th-AA
- 1995 Kawasaki Cup, Kawasaki, JPN; 3rd-HB
- 1995 World Championships, Sabae, JPN; 9th-Team
- 1995 Budget Rent a Car Invitational, San Jose, Calif.; 2nd-Team
- 1995 Visa Challenge, Fairfax, Va.; 1st-Team, 2nd-V, T2nd-HB
- 1993 USA-Canada, British Columbia, CAN; 2nd-Team
- 1993 International Olympic Festival of Mexico, Monterey, MEX; 1st-AA, PH & PB, 2nd-FX & V, 3rd-HB
- 2000 Winter Clup Challenge, Las Vegas, Nev.
- 1999 World Team Trials, Kansas City, Mo.
- 1999 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Sacramento, Calif.
- 1999 Winter Cup Challenge, Las Vegas, Nevada; 8th-AA, 6th FX, 1st-HB
- 1997 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Denver, Colo.; 4th-AA, 2nd-FX, 3rd-HB
- 1997 Winter Cup Challenge, Battle Creek, Mich.; 2nd-AA
- 1996 U.S. Olympic Trials-Gymnastics, Boston, Mass.; 3rd-AA
- 1996 Coca-Cola National Championships, Knoxville, Tenn.; 3rd-AA, 4th-FX, 2nd-SR, 3rd-V, 3rd-HB
- 1996 Winter Cup Challenge, Colorado Springs, Colo.; 3rd-AA, & SR, 1st-HB
See also: John Macready's homepage.