Hometown: Fairfax Station, Va.
Residence: Fairfax Station, Va.
Date/Place of Birth: April 20, 1984/Fairfax, Va.
Club: Capital Gymnastics National Training Center
Coach: Tatiana Perskaia, Galina Meliakina, Victor Vetrov
School: Robinson Secondary School
Year in School: 11th grade (Fall '00)
Began Gymnastics: 1991
Years on National Team: 5 (1996-97, 1997-98, 1998-99, 1999-00)
Favorite Event: Floor
Hobbies: Reading, swimming, playing with her sisters and her dog
Monique has an older sister, Cherie, who will attend college this fall. Her younger sister, Kellie, is a competitive swimmer for the Curl Burke Team. Monique is an honor roll student; math is her favorite subject.
- 1998 Top Gym, Charleroi, BEL; 1st-V, 2nd-FX (jr. div.)
- 1998 Jr. Pan American Championships, Houston, Texas; 1st-team, 2nd-V, 2nd-FX
- 1998 International Team Championships (USA, CHN, ROM), Knoxville, Tenn.; 2nd-Team, 14th-AA, 11th-V, 10th-UB, 12th-FX (jr. div.)
- 1998 City of Popes, Avignon, FRA; 10th-AA, 7th-V, 6th-UB, 7th-BB, 4th-FX (jr. div.)
- 1997 TopGym, Charleroi, BEL; 8th-AA, 2nd-FX, 10th-BB, 11th-UB, 12th-V (jr. div.)
- 1997 International Team Championships (USA, CHN, ROM), Cincinnati, Ohio; 1st-Team
- 2000 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, St. Louis; 18th AA
- 2000 American Classic/Challenge, Reno, Nev.; 2nd-AA, 1st-UP, 5th-BB, 6th-VT
- 1999 U.S. Classic, Rochester, N.Y.; 6th-AA
- 1999 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Sacramento, Calif.; 3rd-FX
- 1998 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Indianapolis; 4th-AA, 5th-V, 3rd-UB, 16th-BB, T2nd-FX (jr. div.)
- 1998 U.S. Classic, San Antonio, Texas; 9th-AA, 1st-V, 26th-UB, 19th-BB, 10th-FX (jr. div.)
- 1998 American Classic, Orlando, Fla.; 6th-AA, 3rd-V, 9th-UB, 16th-BB, 2nd-FX (jr. div.)
- 1997 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships, Denver, Colo.; 14th-AA, T6th-V, 20th-UB, T4th-BB, 9th-FX (jr. div.)
- 1997 U.S. Classic, Seattle, Wash.; 10th-AA (jr. div.)
- 1997 American Classic, New Haven, Conn.; 2nd-AA (jr. div.)
- Junior Nationals; 1st-AA, 3rd-FX, 4th-UB
- Level 10 Nationals; 3rd-V, 6th-UB