INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., Aug. 4, 2009 – 2004 Olympic all-around champion Carly Patterson, 2008 Olympic team silver-medalist Alicia Sacramone and 2008 Olympic team bronze-medalist Raj Bhavsar, along with some of their teammates on the men’s and women’s 2008 U.S. Olympic Team, will sign autographs during the 2009 Visa Fan Fest, just one of the fun fan activities available in conjunction with the 2009 Visa Championships on AT&T Plaza outside the American Airlines Center. The 2009 Visa Championships, USA Gymnastics’ national championships, run from Aug. 12-15 in Dallas, Texas, and includes men’s and women’s artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, acrobatic gymnastics, and trampoline and tumbling, featuring both junior and senior elite levels.
Scheduled for the evening of Aug. 14 and the afternoon and evening of Aug. 15 on AT&T Plaza, Visa Fan Fest is a fun, free activity for fans of all ages! Open to the general public, Visa Fan Fest offers gymnastics celebrities, music, food and drinks, samples and giveaways, interactive games, and much more.
Other great fan opportunities available in conjunction with the Visa Championships include:
- Tyson Fitness Challenge Zone. Kids can have fun and gain knowledge on the importance of fitness through the interactive Tyson Fitness Challenge Zone. The course features activity in building strength, flexibility, cardiovascular exercise and good nutrition. The Tyson Fitness Challenge Zone will be open Thursday and Friday nights on the American Airlines Center concourse from 6-7 p.m. and on Saturday, Aug. 15 from 3-6 p.m. on AT&T Plaza.
- Autographs. Celebrity guests, including 2004 Olympic all-around champion Carly Patterson and 2008 U.S. Olympic team members Alicia Sacramone and Raj Bhavsar, will make an appearance and sign autographs at the autograph tent near the main stage on the AT&T Plaza.
- AT&T Experience. Enjoy several interactive entertainment activities provided by AT&T, including checking out AT&T’s internet blueroom and learning about AT&T products and services.
- Merchandise. Fans can purchase everything gymnastics from event specific tees to the newest adidas leotards.
- Universal Sports. Check out the newest home for USA Gymnastics coverage and get a photo taken in front of a gymnastics-themed green screen.
- In-house radio show. 2008 Olympic silver-medalist Alicia Sacramone and 2000 Olympian Steve McCain will provide commentary for the senior men’s and women’s competition at the Visa Championships on WGYM, USA Gymnastics’ radio show that is available in the American Airlines Center. Receivers for the radio program are sold along with an event program onsite.
- Celebration. Post-competition on Friday and Saturday night, Visa Fan Fest on AT&T Plaza will become a celebration with onstage interviews, music and more.
About the Visa Championships
On sale now, single-session tickets for the 2009 Visa Championships range from $15-80. Tickets for rhythmic gymnastics, acrobatic gymnastics, and trampoline and tumbling, which will be held at the Dallas Convention Center, go on sale Wednesday, Aug. 5 at 10 a.m. for $15-20. Tickets for men’s and women’s gymnastics, taking place at the American Airlines Center, range from $15-80. Tickets may be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com; at all Ticketmaster outlets; or at the American Airlines Box Office. In recognition of Visa’s longstanding support of USA Gymnastics, the 2009 Visa Championships proudly accepts only Visa cards.
2009 is the Visa Championships’ first visit to Dallas, and the first time the event has featured all five of USA Gymnastics’ competitive disciplines – men’s and women’s gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, trampoline and tumbling, and acrobatic gymnastics. The Visa Championships determine the U.S. champions and the national team for each discipline for both the junior and senior elite levels. NBC Sports and Universal Sports will broadcast action from men’s and women’s gymnastics. A broadcast and Webcast schedule is available at www.usa-gymnastics.org.
The USA Gymnastics National Congress and Trade Show is held in conjunction with the Visa Championships and will be conducted at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. The USA Gymnastics National Congress and Trade Show is the annual gathering of professional members that offers educational and business sessions, a large exhibitor’s hall and other business and educational opportunities.
About American Airlines Center
Both men’s and women’s gymnastics will have two days of competition at American Airlines Center, which has hosted the post-Olympic tour for gymnastics. Anchoring the 72-acre Victory Park development, American Airlines Center serves as the backdrop to Dallas’ most vibrant urban gathering space. In addition to being home to the Dallas Stars and Dallas Mavericks, American Airlines Center has hosted several prominent events, including the 2007 NHL All-Star Game, NBA Finals, Big 12 Championships and the 2003 USFSA National Figure Skating Championships.
About Dallas Convention Center
The Dallas Convention Center, which has more than 1,000,000 sq. ft., is the site for rhythmic and acrobatic gymnastics, trampoline and tumbling. The Dallas Convention Center offers a staggering 726,726 square feet of prime, contiguous exhibit space along with a 203,000-square-foot column-free exhibit hall, the largest in the United States. Plus, the Dallas Convention Center offers even more great features, such as a 9,816-seat arena, a theater with a 1,750-person capacity and 96 meeting rooms.