INDIANAPOLIS (September 14, 2022) – USA Gymnastics will ring in National Gymnastics Day Saturday, September 17, as clubs and supporters around the country mark the 24th-annual day of celebration and engagement.
Each year on National Gymnastics Day, gymnastics clubs throughout the U.S. provide fun and interactive activities, including open houses and free or low-cost introductory classes, that increase exposure to the sport and allow them to share information with their local communities about the programs offered at their gyms.
The event is accompanied by an online celebration, uniting athletes, coaches, club administrators, parents and fans around their shared love for gymnastics. Members of the gymnastics community are encouraged to share their flips, leaps, handstands and enthusiasm for the sport on social media using the hashtag #NGD2022. Posts that tag USA Gymnastics may be shared on the organization’s official channels throughout the day.
As part of the digital festivities, elite athletes from across all disciplines will also connect with fans in a series of Instagram Live sessions. Audience members will have the opportunity to submit questions in real time, as select members of Team USA share their sport experiences on USA Gymnastics’ official Instagram platform (@usagym). The full Saturday lineup and schedule are outlined below.
- 11 a.m. ET: Acrobatic gymnastics – Angel Felix and Braiden McDougall, 2022 men’s pair World champions
- Noon ET: Parkour – Calen Chan and Reagan Chan, 2022 World Championships team members
- 12:30 p.m. ET: Rhythmic gymnastics – Izzy Connor and Nicole Sladkov, 2020 Olympians
- 1:30 p.m. ET: Women’s artistic gymnastics – Skye Blakely, current National Team member, and Sloane Blakely, former National Team member and current NCAA gymnastics standout
- 3 p.m. ET: Trampoline & tumbling – Nicole Ahsinger, 2x Olympian in women’s trampoline, and Sarah Webster, 2022 women’s trampoline World Cup champion
- 6 p.m. ET: Men’s artistic gymnastics – Paul Juda, reigning NCAA all-around champion, and Fred Richard, 2x Junior Pan American Championships all-around champion
Each USA Gymnastics member club this week is receiving a commemorative event banner to display on National Gymnastics Day and will have the opportunity to win a shopping spree from USAG’s official partner, GK Elite. To be eligible to win, clubs must post a photo or video of their gym members with the official banner on their public Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or Twitter accounts September 17 using the hashtag #NGD2022. The winning club will be randomly selected.
To learn more about National Gymnastics Day and access resources, including the official event logo, a printable participant certificate, signage and more, visit gymnasticsday.com.