INDIANAPOLIS, April 28, 2022 – The inaugural USA Gymnastics Men’s Artistic Development Program Eastern and Western National Championships kick off Friday at Kellogg Arena in Battle Creek, Mich., and the Reno Events Center in Reno, Nev., respectively. The Eastern and Western Championships will host the top Level 7 and Junior National division Level 8 and 9 athletes from their geographical areas.
Both events will feature four distinct age divisions at each developmental level with Level 8 athletes set to compete Friday, followed by Level 9 gymnasts on Saturday and Level 7 competitors on Sunday. Gymnasts will face the athletes in their corresponding age range and level to determine all-around and individual apparatus champions. The five highest-scoring athletes from each region at each level will contribute to a team score, and the top-three Level 7, 8 and 9 teams will be recognized. The top-three clubs will also receive hardware based on the combined totals of their three highest-scoring gymnasts at each level.
The Eastern Championships will feature top talent from USA Gymnastics’ men’s artistic Regions 5-8. Regions are determined by state: Region 5 – Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio; Region 6 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont; Region 7 – Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia; Region 8 – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee.
A list of participating athletes can be found here. The competition schedule is available below in Eastern time. Award ceremonies will be held at the conclusion of each session.
- Friday, April 29: Session 1 – Level 8 Youth at 8:45 a.m.; Session 2 – Level 8 Juniors at 1:30 p.m.; Opening Ceremonies – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 30: Session 3 – Level 9 Youth at 8:45 a.m.; Session 4 – Level 9 Juniors at 1:25 p.m.; Session 5 – Level 9 Seniors at 5:55 p.m.
- Sunday, May 1: Session 6 – Level 7 Youth at 8:45 a.m.; Session 7 – Level 7 Juniors at 1:50 p.m.
All-session and single-day tickets are available for purchase onsite by cash or check. Additional details are available on USA Gymnastics’ website.
Athletes from USA Gymnastics’ men’s artistic Regions 1-4 and 9 will compete at the Western Championships. These regions comprise the following states: Region 1 – Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada; Region 2 – Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington; Region 3 – Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas; Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin; Region 9 – Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming.
Participating athletes are listed here, and a schedule summary is available below in Pacific time. Award ceremonies will take place at the end of each session.
- Friday, April 29: Session 1 – Level 8 Youth at 12:45 p.m.; Session 2 – Level 8 Juniors at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 30: Session 3 – Level 9 Youth at 8:45 a.m.; Session 4 – Level 9 Juniors at 1:30 p.m.; Session 5 – Level 9 Seniors at 6:15 p.m.
- Sunday, May 1: Session 6 – Level 7 Youth at 8:45 a.m.; Session 7 – Level 7 Juniors at 1:45 p.m.
All-session and one-day tickets will be available for purchase onsite by cash, card or check. More information about the Western Championships is here.