Indianapolis- USA Gymnastics is hosting a media opportunity with top male Olympic hopefuls at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, June 4-5, 2000. This will be the final group opportunity to interview national team members in an informal non-competition environment before the Olympic Games.
- Blaine Wilson (Columbus, Ohio), 1996 Olympian, four-time defending national all-around champion, 2000 Pacific Alliance all-around gold medalist
- John Roethlisberger (Minneapolis, Minn.), 1992 and 1996 Olympian, four-time national champion
- Stephen McCain (Houston, Texas), 1999 World Championships Team Member and 1999 Winter Cup Champion
- Sean Townsend (Houston, Texas), 1999 World Championships Team Member, 2000 Senior Pacific Alliance high bar silver medalist
- Chris Young (Winston-Salem, N.C.), 1999 World Championships Team Member
- Jason Gatson (Upland, Ariz.), 1999 Floor Exercise and Parallel Bars National Champion, 1998 John Hancock U.S. Gymnastics Championships runner-up
- Guard Young (Provo, Utah), 2000 Olympic Test Event and Senior Pacific Alliance Floor Exercise Gold Medalist
Tentative Schedule for June 4-5, 2000 – Subject to Change
6:30 p.m. – Dinner with athletes/Introductions
8:00 p.m. – National Team Meeting
9:00 a.m. – Training
Noon – Lunch with athletes
A USA Gymnastics media rate of $115 is offered at the Antler’s Adams Mark Hotel in Colorado Springs. The phone number is (719) 473-5600. Directions will be provided upon RSVP.
- Athletes arrive in the afternoon on Sunday. Interviews are available upon arrival.
- Dress is casual – tennis shoes are recommended.
- Please inform photographers that shooting areas will be limited. No flash photography.
- All one-on-one interviews need to be scheduled in advance by contacting Courtney Caress at (317) 237-5050 or Susan Polakoff Shaw at (317) 490-4258.
- For more information about the United States Olympic Committee, please contact Gail Dent at (719) 578-4529.