FRISCO, Texas, February 26, 2022 – Konnor McClain (Cross Lanes, W.Va./WOGA Gymnastics) claimed the top all-around spot in the women’s senior division at the 2022 Winter Cup Presented by OZONE and TURN Saturday afternoon at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas. The only athlete to break the 54-point mark on the day, McClain (54.300) edged fellow WOGA Gymnastics standout Skye Blakely (Frisco, Texas), who finished second with a 53.700, and 2021 World Championships teammate eMjae Frazier (Erial, N.J./Parkettes National Gymnastics Training Center), who was third with a 53.150. Ashlee Sullivan (Richardson, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics) was fourth (52.850), while Katelyn Jong (Allen, Texas/Metroplex Gymnastics) and Nola Matthews (Gilroy, Calif./Airborne Gymnastics Training Center) finished in a tie for the fifth position, each posting a 52.650.
McClain also led all scorers on balance beam finishing with a 14.600. Matthews took the uneven bars title with a 13.950, while Frazier earned top honors on floor exercise. Joscelyn Roberson’s 13.125 on vault earned her the apparatus title. Gymnasts must perform two vaults to be eligible to place on the event.
Winter Cup coverage continues tomorrow with the junior women’s competition and Men’s Day 2, which will determine junior and senior apparatus champions. Sunday sessions will stream live on FlipNow at 1 p.m. ET and 6:30 p.m. ET, respectively.
The top-three all-around scorers are listed below followed by the top-three individual event placements.
- Konnor McClain: all-around, 54.300; vault, 14.100; uneven bars, 12.450; balance beam, 14.600; floor exercise, 13.150
- Skye Blakely: all-around, 53.700; vault, 13.800; uneven bars, 13.150; balance beam, 13.500; floor exercise, 13.250
- eMjae Frazier: all-around, 53.150; vault, 13.750; uneven bars, 12.200; balance beam, 13.700; floor exercise, 13.500
- Vault: 1. Joscelyn Roberson, 13.125; 2. Paityn Walker (Hercules, Calif./Head Over Heels), 12.800
- Uneven bars: 1. Nola Matthews, 13.950; 2. Paityn Walker, 13.550; 3(T). Elle Mueller (Ham Lake, Minn./Twin City Twister), 13.450, Lauren Little (Moorseville, N.C./Everest Gymnastics), 13.450
- Beam: 1. Konnor McClain, 14.600; 2. eMjae Frazier, 13.700; 3(T). Skye Blakely, 13.500, Ashlee Sullivan, 13.500
- Floor: 1. eMjae Frazier, 13.500; 2. Skye Blakely, 13.250; 3(T). Konnor McClain, 13.150, Karis German (Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre), 13.150