- Men’s All-Around Final Results
- Photo Gallery
- Replays: Main Feed | USA Tracker | Apparatus Feed
- Complete Olympics Results
TOKYO, July 28, 2021 – U.S. gymnasts Brody Malone of Belfast, Tenn., and Sam Mikulak of Newport Coast, Calif., were 10th and 12th, respectively in the men’s all-around competition at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Wednesday at Ariake Gymnastics Centre. Mikulak, who is competing in his third Olympics, posted an 83.164, finishing just behind Malone who notched an 84.465 across all six apparatus.
Japan’s Daiki Hashimoto took the all-around title with an 88.465. China’s Xiao Ruoteng (88.065) and the Russian Olympic Committee’s Nikita Nagornyy (88.031) finished second and third.
During the competition, Malone debuted a new skill on the international stage. His parallel bars mount, which consisted of a side free hip handstand with a three-quarter Healy down, will be named for Malone in the FIG Code of Points and will receive an E skill value.
The reigning back-to-back NCAA all-around and team champion, Malone is in his first Olympic Games and will compete in the horizontal bar final August 3. Mikulak will also wrap up his Olympic competition August 3, having earned a berth in the parallel bars final. Pommel horse specialist Alec Yoder of Indianapolis, Ind., and 2017 World bronze medalist on floor exercise, Yul Moldauer of Wellington, Colo., will compete August 1 in the horse and floor finals.
The women return to action Thursday as Sunisa Lee of St. Paul, Minn., and Jade Carey of Phoenix, Ariz., vie for the title of Olympic all-around champion. The remaining Olympic artistic gymnastics competitions are listed below in eastern time.
- Women’s all-around final: July 29, 6:50 a.m.
- Men’s floor exercise, women’s vault, men’s pommel horse and women’s uneven bars finals: August 1, 4 a.m.
- Men’s still rings, women’s floor exercise and men’s vault finals: August 2, 4 a.m.
- Men’s parallel bars, women’s balance beam and men’s horizontal bar finals: August 3, 4 a.m.