ZIELONA GORA, Poland, Sept. 5, 2009 – The USA’s Kalon Ludvigson of Pocatello, Idaho, won the men’s tumbling silver medal at the World Cup in Zielona Gora, Poland. This is Ludvigson’s second World Cup silver in two weeks.
In men’s synchronized trampoline, the duo of Steven Gluckstein of Atlantic Highlands, N.J., and Logan Dooley of Lake Forest, Calif., finished just off the awards podium in fourth place. Earlier in the session, Gluckstein was eighth in men’s trampoline. In women’s synchronized trampoline, Alaina Williams of Huntsville, Ala., and Nani Vercruyssen of Honolulu placed seventh in the finals.
Ludvigson finished behind Evgeniy Zinukov of Russia, 75.20 to 73.90. The other World Cup champions are: Chunlong Lu, China, men’s trampoline; Masaki Ito and Shunsuke Nagasaki, Japan, men’s synchronized trampoline; and Julia Domchevska and Olena Movchan, Ukraine, women’s synchronized trampoline. The information on women’s trampoline and tumbling were not available at this time.
The World Cup format featured a preliminary round, with the top eight gymnasts advancing to the finals (a maximum of two individuals or one pair per country may advance in final).
Trampoline and Tumbling World Cup
Zielona Gora, Poland
1. Chunlong Lu, China, 42.40
2. Xiao Tu, China, 41.90
3. Ito Masaki, Japan, 41.70
8. Steven Gluckstein, USA/Atlantic Highlands, N.J., 39.80
1. Masaki Ito and Shunsuke Nagasaki, Japan, 51.60
2. Daniel Praest and Peter Jensen, Denmark, 50.20
3. Ben Wilden and Blake Gaudry, Australia, 50.00
4. Steven Gluckstein, Atlantic Highlands, N.J., and Logan Dooley of Lake Forest, Calif./USA, 49.80
1. Julia Domchevska and Olena Movchan, Ukraine, 45.90
2. Ann Ivanova and Galina Goncharenko, Russia, 45.60
3. Ekaterina Khilko and Anna Savkina, Uzbekistan, 45.10
7. Alaina Williams, Huntsville, Ala., and Nani Vercruyssen, Honolulu/USA, 17.90
1. Evgeniy Zinukov, Russia, 75.20
2. Kalon Ludvigson, USA/Pocatello, Idaho, 73.90
3. Viktor Kyfarenko, Ukraine, 72.90