- Junior 7: Individual | Team
- Junior 8: Individual | Team
- Senior 1: Individual | Team
- Senior 2: Individual | Team
- Senior 3: Individual | Team
- Senior 4: Individual | Team
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, May 5, 2018 – Six young women won the all-around on the second day of competition at the 2018 Women’s Junior Olympic Level 9 Western Championships in Salt Lake City, Utah, at the Mountain America Expo Center. The Level 9 Eastern and Western Championships are the culmination of the Junior Olympic Level 9 competitive season, and each features the nation’s top Level 9 gymnasts in the respective regions.
The all-around medalists are listed below.
- Junior 7 – Gold, Ella Robins, Montgomery, Texas/AIM Athletics Texans Gymnastics, 38.000; silver, Olivia Oppegard, Newport Coast, Calif./Gym-Max Gymnastics, 37.975; bronze, Evalynn Abler, Plymouth, Minn./Legacy Gymnastics, 37.650.
- Junior 8 – Gold, Kanna Asano, Irvine, Calif./Gym-Max Gymnastics, 38.050; silver, Elizabeth Dayton, Las Vegas, Nev./Browns Gymnastics Las Vegas, 37.775; bronze, Carly Oniki, Pleasanton, Calif./California Gymnastics Academy, 37.750.
- Senior 1 – Gold, Karsyn Foster, Baytown, Texas/Discover Gymnastics, 38.700; silver, Zanna Brewer, Carrollton, Texas/Kurt Thomas Gymnastics, 38.325; bronze, Gracyn Brunette, Seattle, Wash./Metropolitan Gymnastics, 37.950.
- Senior 2 – Gold, Jazlyn Wood, Moreno Valley, Calif./SCEGA Gymnastics, 38.800; silver, Victoria Chambers, Covina, Calif./ Gliders, 38.175; bronze, Jana Vongsamphanh, Houston, Texas/Cypress Academy of Gymnastics, 37.850.
- Senior 3 ¬– Gold, Kaitlin Garcia, San Diego, Calif./Mission Valley Gymnastics, 37.875; silver, Haley Ellis, Summerset, S.D./Just Jymnastics, 37.675.
- Senior 4 ¬– Gold, Alexa Ebeling, Adel, Iowa/Chow’s Gymnastics and Dance Institute, 38.300; silver, Isabelle Halley, Lincoln, NE/Nebraska School of Gymnastics, 38.125; bronze, Yoomee Zeng, Temecula, Calif./SCEGA Gymnastics, 37.825.
The remaining competition schedule for the Western Championships is as follows.
- May 6 – Session 7 – Seniors 5 and 6 at 9:05 a.m., and Session 8 – Seniors 7 and 8 at 1:05 p.m.
Tickets are available onsite: one-day pass, adults – $25, children and seniors – $10. Children 4-and-under are free.
The Junior Olympic Eastern and Western Championships are two of USA Gymnastics’ championships events. Both championships feature the top seven gymnasts in the all-around in each age division from the respective regional championships and will have competition in 16 age divisions, which are determined by birth date.
The Western Championships, which showcases the top gymnasts from Regions 1-4, is hosted by Performance Plus Events, Visit Salt Lake, and the Utah Sports Commission. The states that comprise each region are: Region 1 — Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah; Region 2 – Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington; Region 3 – Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Wyoming; and Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin.