INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., Dec. 2, 2009 – Madison Kocian of Dallas, Texas won the vault title at the 13th annual TOP Gym Invitational in Charleroi, Belgium over the weekend. She also finished third in the all-around and second on balance beam, earning a total of three medals at the event.
Kocian, who trains at WOGA, won the vault title with a 13.325, Chiara Gandolfini of Italy finished in second place (13.175), and the Netherlands’ Lisa van den Burg took third (13.125).
With a score of 52.500, Kocian was third in the all-around. Romania’s Larisa Iordache finished first with 53.150. Julie Croket of Belgium placed second with a 52.850.
Iordache also finished first on balance beam with a 15.050. Kocian won the silver medal with 13.850, and Italy’s Arianna Salvi took the bronze medal with 13.650.
The Netherlands’ Lisa van den Burg won the uneven bar title (13.100) and all-around silver medalist Croket took first place on floor exercise (13.650).
Gymnasts were only allowed to perform in two individual events in addition to the all-around.
2009 TOP Gym Invitational
November 28, 2009
1. Larisa Iordache, Romania, 53.150
2. Julie Croket, Belgium, 52.850
3. Madison Kocian, Dallas, Texas/WOGA, 52.500
1. Madison Kocian, Dallas, Texas/WOGA, 13.325
2. Chiara Gandolfini, Italy, 13.175
3. Lisa van den Burg, Netherlands, 13.125
1. Lisa van den Burg, Netherlands, 13.100
2. Ida Gustaffson, Sweden, 13.100
3. Antje van de Velde, Belgium, 12.800
1. Larisa Iordache, Romania, 15.05
2. Madison Kocian, Dallas, Texas/WOGA, 13.850
3. Arianna Salvi, Italy, 13.650
1. Julie Croket, Belgium, 13.650
2. Diana Bulimar, Romania, 13.550
3. Doriane Thobie, France, 12.850