- Event Finals Results
- Friday’s All-Around Final Recap and Results
- Saturday’s Team Final Recap and Results
DENTON, Texas, April 15, 2018 – Schyler Jones of Texas Woman’s University, who claimed the all-around title earlier in the weekend, won three individual event titles on the final day of the 2018 USA Gymnastics Women’s Collegiate National Championships at TWU’s Kitty Magee Arena in Denton, Texas.
The event finals featured a number of ties, including for two gold medals. The gold medalists are: vault, Jones; uneven bars, Jessica Wang of Yale University; balance beam, TWU’s Allyssa Kelly and Jones; and floor exercise, Tyler Davis of the U.S. Air Force Academy, Maya Reimers of the University of Bridgeport, and Jones.
On vault, Jones claimed the title with a 9.9125. Her teammate Mallory Moredock earned the silver at 9.8875, followed by West Chester University’s Meghan Chan at 9.8500.
Wang won the uneven bars gold with a 9.9000. Yale’s Jacey Baldovino and Jones tied for second at 9.8500.
Jones and Kelly tied for top honors for the balance beam with a 9.8250. Four women posted a 9.8000 to garner the bronze: Erin Alderman of TWU, Analise Howard of Air Force, Kaitlin Green of Cornell University, and McKinzie Jones of Southeast Missouri University.
To end the day, Jones, Davis and Reimers each posted a 9.9000 for a three-way tie for the floor exercise gold.
TWU repeated as the team champion. Lindenwood University was second, with the Air Force Academy in third. Cornell University was fourth. The other schools that competed in the team competition are Brown University, University of Bridgeport, University of Pennsylvania, and Yale University. Schools with athletes competing for an event or all-around title only are: Centenary College, Seattle Pacific University, Southeast Missouri University, Southern Connecticut State University and West Chester University.
The USA Gymnastics Collegiate Championships is for Division I, II and III schools with less than seven-and-a-half full scholarships.
2018 USA Gymnastics Women’s Collegiate National Championships
Individual event results
Top six are listed.
1. Schyler Jones, Texas Woman’s University, 9.9125
2. Mallory Moredock, Texas Woman’s University, 9.8875
3. Meghan Chan, West Chester University, 9.8500
4. Rebecca Chong, Yale University, 9.8125
5. Jessica Meakim, West Chester University, 9.800
6. Maya Reimers, University of Bridgeport, 9.7875
6. Alexis Brawner, Southeast Missouri State University, 9.7875
1. Jessica Wang, Yale University, 9.9000
2. Schyler Jones, Texas Woman’s University, 9.8500
2. Jacey Baldovino, Yale University, 9.8500
4. Kelli Tereshko, University of Bridgeport, 9.8000
4. Claire Ryan, Brown University, 9.8000
6. Bria Northrop, Texas Woman’s University, 9.7750
6. Jessica Kirkpatrick, U.S. Air Force Academy, 9.7750
6. Darian Burns, Seattle Pacific University, 9.7750
1. Schyler Jones, Texas Woman’s University, 9.8250
1. Alyssa Kelly, Texas Woman’s University, 9.8250
3. Erin Alderman, Texas Woman’s University, 9.8000
3. Analise Howard, U.S. Air Force Academy, 9.8000
3. Kaitlin Green, Cornell University, 9.8000
3. McKinzie Jones, South Eastern Missouri University, 9.8000
1. Schyler Jones, Texas Woman’s University, 9.9000
1. Tyler Davis, U.S. Air Force Academy, 9.9000
1. Maya Reimers, University of Bridgeport, 9.9000
4. Navia Jordan, Centenary College, 9.8750
4. Andy Alexander, Lindenwood University, 9.8750
6. Breanna Franklin, Lindenwood University, 9.8500