- Dancing with the Stars website
- Watch Shawn & Derek’s Foxtrot from the first show
- Q&A with Johnson from TeamUSA.org
- Photos from Johnson’s 2009 appearance on DWTS
WAYS TO VOTE
- Call 1-800-868-3402 from the beginning of the performance show until 60 minutes after it has aired.
- AT&T customers text "VOTE" to 3402 during the same times as above.
- Online at www.abc.com from the beginning of the performance show on the east coast until 11 a.m. ET on Tuesday morning.
- Online at facebook.com/dancingwiththestars.
2008 Olympic balance beam gold-medalist Shawn Johnson of West Des Moines, Iowa, is one of the all-star celebrities appearing on "Dancing with the Stars" during the show’s 15th season, which begins on Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. Johnson is partnered with Derek Hough.
Thirteen celebrities are returning to the show to compete for the Dancing with the Stars title, including Apolo Anton Ohno, Bristol Palin, Drew Lachey, Emmitt Smith, Gilles Marini, Helio Castroneves, Joey Fatone, Kelly Monaco, Kirstie Alley, Melissa Rycroft, Pamela Anderson, Sabrina Bryan and Johnson.
During her gymnastics career, Johnson won four medals at the 2008 Olympic Games( gold on the balance beam, and silver in the team competition, all-around and floor exercise) and three World medals (gold for the team, all-around and floor exercise). Also in 2008, she won the all-around titles at both the 2008 Visa Championships and the U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Gymnastics. When Johnson won the all-around title in 2007, she joined Kim Zmeskal (1991), Shannon Miller (1993-94) and Chellsie Memmel (2005) as the only U.S. women to win a world all-around title (since then Bridget Sloan in 2009 and Jordyn Wieber in 2011 have also achieved that feat). She also helped the USA win the team gold medal at the 2011 Pan American Games, where she earned the uneven bars silver medal.