LAFAYETTE, La., February 12, 2021 – The U.S. Trampoline National Team Training and Preparation Camp, which was held at T&T Express in Lafayette, La., concluded Thursday. Eight members of the 10-strong Baku World Cup Team participated, with the remaining two members unfortunately unable to travel due to local COVID restrictions.
The camp was originally intended as a lead-in for an FIG World Cup to be held in Azerbaijan, Baku. Following the cancellation of the World Cup, the preparation phase was retained as an opportunity to train together as a team after a long period of restrictions, as well as demonstrate competitive readiness ahead of the upcoming domestic and international season.
The Baku World Cup assignments are listed below.
- Nicole Ahsinger, Lafayette, La./ T&T Express
- Charlotte Drury, Laguna Niguel, Calif./World Elite Gymnastics
- Cody Gesuelli, Huntsville, Ala./Merino Trampoline Gymnastics Academy
- Jeffrey Gluckstein, Atlantic Highlands, N.J./Elite Trampoline Academy
- Alyssa Oh, Rocklin, Calif./Eagle Gymnastics Academy
- Ruben Padilla, Bluffdale, Utah/Wasatch Trampoline & Tumbling
- Aliaksei Shostak, Youngsville, La./T&T Express
- Jessica Stevens, Ellicott, Md./Fairland Gymnastics
- Isaac Rowley, Allen, Texas/Eagle Gymnastics Academy (alternate)
- Sarah Webster, Lafayette, La./T&T Express (alternate)
All athletes, coaches and staff attending camp complied with USA Gymnastics’ approved COVID precautions, including pre-camp testing and monitoring, social distancing and mask wearing throughout. Thanks to T&T Express for carefully preparing and sanitizing the camp training gym.
Under the watchful eye of Trampoline National Coordinator Nuno Merino and coaches Dmitri Poliaroush and Sven Nielsen, the camp’s schedule included three days of training, and individual meetings with athletes, coaches and national staff. The team will now travel to Fort Worth, Texas, to compete in the Metroplex Challenge.
Program Director Jacqui Godfrey described the camp, the first-in-person activity after over a year, as a great success: “The athletes and coaches all worked hard and did a great job in this new environment, and the team is traveling to Texas feeling encouraged and motivated.”