INDIANAPOLIS, October 5, 2021 – The final U.S. team members for the 2021 Artistic and Rhythmic World Championships will be decided this week in Indianapolis, when six athletes train and compete for a spot on the women’s artistic team at selection camp October 7-10. The 2021 Artistic World Championships are slated to take place October 18-24 at the Kitakyushu General Gymnasium in Japan.
Attendees will take part in a full competition on October 8, and a competition setting will also be replicated on October 9 to help determine who will represent the U.S. in Kitakyushu later this month. Friday’s competition will be streamed live on FloGymnastics at 5:40 p.m. ET.
The women’s roster will be announced Saturday. The rhythmic and men’s artistic rosters were announced last month.
With the U.S. team coming off a six-medal performance at the Olympic Games in Tokyo, a new fleet of next-generation athletes, including Olympic Team alternates Kayla DiCello and Leanne Wong, will compete for one of four roster spots for this year’s World Championships. Participating athletes for this weekend’s team selection camp are listed alphabetically below.
- Ciena Alipio, San Jose, Calif./Midwest Gymnastics Center
- Kayla DiCello, Boyds, Md./Hill’s Gymnastics
- eMjae Frazier, Erial, N.J./Parkettes National Gymnastics Center
- Olivia Greaves, Staten Island, N.Y./World Champions Centre
- Konnor McClain, Cross Lanes, W.Va./WOGA Gymnastics
- Leanne Wong, Overland Park, Kan./Great American Gymnastics Express
Because this year’s World Championships directly follow an Olympic Games, they will feature only individual apparatus and all-around competitions. No team competition will be contested.