LEVALLOIS, France, July 3, 2014 – The U.S. delegation for the 2014 Acrobatic Gymnastics World Age Group Competition has begun competition in Levallois, France. Qualification rounds in all five divisions (men’s pair, women’s pair, mixed pair, women’s group and men’s group) continue through July 4 with the finals contested on Saturday, July 5. Team USA is also sending athletes to next week’s World Acrobatic Gymnastics Championships, which begin July 10.
Below is a summary of the athletes who competed yesterday.
- Cameron Jones of Potomac, Md., and Sara Mercer of Rockville, Md., Xtreme Acro and Cheer, women’s pair – 11-16, 27.250, 10th place (balance).
- Sophia Handel and Emma Kissel, both of Annapolis, Md./1st Class Gymnastics Inc., women’s pair – 11-16, 27.100, 14th place (balance).
- Alyssa Delgado, Gabriela Foster and Connie Kickirillo, all of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, women’s group – 11-16, 27.250, seventh place (dynamic).
- Sophie Gruszka of San Ramon, Calif., Morgan Sweeney of Danville, Calif., and Amanda Waterson of San Ramon, West Coast Training Center, women’s group, 11-16, 26.500, 19th place (dynamic).
- Aisley Boynton and Maxim Sedochenkov, both of Riverside, Calif./Realis Gymnastics Academy, mixed pair – 11-16, 26.550, 11th place (dynamic).
- Brianna Foster of San Antonio, Texas, and Joseph McGraw of Plano, Texas, Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, mixed pair – 12-18, 26.650, ninth place (dynamic).
- Collin Davis and Konstantine Partalas, both of San Antonio, Texas/Aerial Athletics, men’s pair – 12-18, 26.500, ninth place (balance).
- Maren Merwarth and Jessica Renteria, both of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, women’s pair – 13-19, 27.000, seventh place (balance).
- Kailey Maurer of Colton, Calif., and Ciera Wilson of Riverside, Calif., Empire Acrogymnastics, women’s pair – 13-19, 25.800, 11th place (balance).
- Leslie Munoz of Homeland, Calif., Katelyn Recktenwald, Riverside, Calif., and Tiffani Williams of Moreno Valley, Calif., Realis Gymnastics Academy, women’s group – 13-19, 25.610, 17th place (dynamic).
- Kaitlyn Kennedy of San Jose, Calif., Shannon Kennedy of San Jose, and Kendall Tarvin of Morgan Hill, Calif., Aerial Tumbling and Acro Gymnastics, women’s group – 13-19, 26.170, 14th place (dynamic).