- Event Finals Results
- Saturday’s Team Finals Recap and Results
- Friday’s Qualifications and All-Around Finals Recap and Results
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., April 10, 2011 – Monica Mesalles of the University of Bridgeport won the vault and floor exercise titles at the 2011 USA Gymnastics Women’s Collegiate Championships in the Cadet West Gymnasium at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo. The other gold medalists were: Melanie Jorgensen of Cornell University and Brittany Dutton of the U.S. Air Force Academy, uneven bars; and Melanie Standridge of Cornell, balance beam.
Nine schools won individual event medals: Bridgeport, two gold and one bronze; Texas Woman’s University, one silver and two bronze; Cornell, two gold; Seattle Pacific University, one silver and one bronze; U.S. Air Force Academy, one gold; Brown University, one silver; and College of William and Mary, Temple University and University of Pennsylvania, one bronze each.
Mesalles won the vault title with her 9.850. Marcella Fallon of Texas Woman’s University was second at 9.787. Kamri Riles of the University of Bridgeport and Kaitlyn Watson of Temple University tied for third at 9.775.
On floor, Mesalles earned her second gold medal by outscoring Emily Luftey of Brown University, 9.875 to 9.825. Kristin Edwards of Texas Woman’s University rounded out the top three at 9.800.
Cornell’s Melanie Jorgensen and Brittany Dutton of Air Force tied for first at 9.800 for the uneven bars title. There was also a tie for third on bars between Dana Bonincontri of the University of Pennsylvania and Brittany Johnson of Texas Woman’s University, who won the all-around title earlier in the championships; both scored a 9.775.
Cornell’s second gold medal came when Melanie Standridge earned the top score on balance beam, 9.850. Anissa Madrid of Seattle Pacific University claimed the silver at 9.775. Kristina Beck of the College of William and Mary and Corrine Wise of Seattle Pacific tied for third at 9.700.
Bridgeport won its third consecutive team title on Saturday. The USA Gymnastics Collegiate Championships is for Division I, II and III schools with less than seven-and-a-half full scholarships.
2011 USA Gymnastics Women’s Collegiate Championships
U.S. Air Force Academy
Colorado Springs, Colo.
April 10, 2011
Individual event finals
1. Monica Mesalles, University of Bridgeport, 9.850
2. Marcella Fallon, Texas Woman’s University, 9.787
3T. Kamri Riles, University of Bridgeport, 9.775
3T. Kaitlyn Watson, Temple University, 9.775
5. Brittany Johnson, Texas Woman’s University, 9.750
1T. Melanie Jorgensen, Cornell University, 9.800
1T. Brittany Dutton, U.S. Air Force Academy, 9.800
3T. Dana Bonincontri, University of Pennsylvania, 9.775
3T. Brittany Johnson, Texas Woman’s University, 9.775
5. Samantha Taylor, Seattle Pacific University, 9.725
1. Melanie Standridge, Cornell University, 9.850
2. Anissa Madrid, Seattle Pacific University, 9.775
3T. Kristina Beck, College of William and Mary, 9.700
3T. Corrine Wise, Seattle Pacific University, 9.700
5. Emily Repko, University of Bridgeport, 9.625
1. Monica Mesalles, University of Bridgeport, 9.875
2. Emily Luftey, Brown University, 9.825
3. Kristin Edwards, Texas Woman’s University, 9.800
4. Dana Bonincontri, University of Pennsylvania, 9.750
4. Jessica Watts, University of Bridgeport, 9.750