INDIANAPOLIS, May 30, 2015 – 2014 World bronze-medalists Kiley Boynton and Ryan Ward both of Riverside, Calif./Realis, became the first U.S. mixed pair to win the International Gymnastics Federation’s World Cup Series title. Additionally, the U.S. women’s pair of Jessica Renteria and Maren Merwarth, both of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio, finished third in the World Cup Series rankings.
Boynton and Ward won the mixed pair gold at two consecutive World Cups, Varna (Bulgaria) World Cup and Geneva (Switzerland) World Cup, earning a total of 90 points. Russia’s Katerina Vdovina and Maksim Soprunov was second at 69 points, followed by Britain’s Isabelle Montagna and Lewis Walker.
In women’s pair, Renteria and Merwarth were third in Varna and fourth in Geneva to post 38 total points to finish behind Russia’s Diana Vikhryanova and Darina Kriuchkova (45) and Great Britain’s Bethan Dix and Chloe Gunter (43). These were Renteria’s and Merwarth’s first international competitions as seniors.
2015 FIG Acrobatic World Cup Series standings
1. Kiley Boynton and Ryan Ward, USA, 80 points
2. Maksim Soprunov and Ekaterina Vdovina, Russia, 69 points
3. Isabelle Montagna and Lewis Walker, Great Britain, 41 points
1. Diana Vikhryanova and Darina Kriuchkova, Russia, 45 points
2. Bethan Dix and Chloe Gunter, Great Britain, 43 points
3. Jessica Renteria and Maren Merwarth, USA, 38 points
1. Andrei Charikov and Alexander Kvasov, Russia, 90 points
2. Daniyar Muslimov and Sultanbek Naisbayev, Kazakhstan, 43 points
3. Pedro Melo and Rafael Branco, Portugal, 34 points
1. Zhanna Pavkhometc, Yulia Nikitina and Valeriia Belkina, Russia, 50 points
2. Cicely Irwin, Josephine Russell and Jennifer Bailey, Great Britain, 48 points
3. Beatriz Gueifao, Raquel de Sousa Martins and Margarida Fernandes, Portugal, 45 points