GUADALAJARA, Mexico, Oct. 26, 2011 – The U.S. women’s team won the team gold medal and the men won the team bronze medal at the Pan American Games, Oct. 24-25. The women’s all-around competition begins today at 2 p.m. ET, while the men’s competition gets underway beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET.
Bridgette Caquatto of Naperville, Ill./Legacy Elite Gymnastics LLC, and Brandie Jay of Ft. Collins, Colo./GK Gymnastics will represent the USA in the women’s all-around competition.
C.J. Maestas of Corrales, N.M./University of Illinois, and Brandon Wynn of Columbus, Ohio/Team Hilton HHonors (Ohio State University), will represent Team USA in the men’s all-around final.
The artistic gymnastics field features 114 male and female competitors from 18 different countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, and Venezuela.
All times Eastern
|Oct. 26||2:00-4:00 P.M.||Women’s all-around finals|
|6:30-9:00 P.M.||Men’s all-around finals|
|Oct. 27||2:00- 5:00 P.M.||Individual event finals|
|Men: floor exercise, pommel horse still rings|
|Women: vault, uneven bars|
|Oct. 28||2:00-5:00 P.M.||Individual event finals|
|Men: vault, parallel bars, horizontal bar|
|Women: balance beam, floor exercise|
- ESPN Deportes, U.S. rights holder of the 2011 Pan American Games, is showing between 90-120 hours of live and exclusive footage on both Deportes and ESPN3. The network has been broadcasting a minimum of three hours of live coverage featuring the top events each day and will continue to do so throughout the Closing Ceremony. Coverage will feature a wide range of competitions including baseball, basketball, boxing, soccer, swimming, track & field, volleyball and several others.
- Live events may not be seen in some areas and the schedule is subject to change. All listed times are Eastern. View the ESPN Deportes broadcast schedule here.
- ESPN2 is also airing the Pan American Games with 20 hours of English-language coverage throughout the event. View the schedule here.
Live internet streaming – Fans can watch select events live at deportes.terra.com.
- To view daily schedules and get results from all Pan American Games competitions, visit info.guadalajara2011.org.mx.
- ESPNDeportes.com/Panamericanos has the latest news and information surrounding the competitions, athletes and each country with exclusive content, video highlights, live chats with the experts on-site, and live scores.
- USA Gymnastics’ Pan American events page, https://usagym.org/panam, and twitter feed @USAGym, will have results, photos and other information on the U.S. Team’s efforts in Guadalajara.
- Follow @USOlympic on Twitter for breaking news updates on Team USA. Also, follow NGB Twitter feeds for additional coverage: Twitter.com/USOlympic/NGB.
- Visit TeamUSA.org/events/6958 for the updated U.S. roster (by sport, state and Olympians), the USA Daily newsletter and photos from the Pan American Games.