PUTIAN, China, March 31, 2016 – The 2016 World Acrobatic Gymnastics Championships begin tomorrow and run through Sunday in Putian, China. The competition will be held inside the Putian Complex Sport and fans can watch the finals live Saturday and Sunday morning on the International Gymnastics Federation’s YouTube channel. USA Gymnastics will have archived coverage of all U.S. routines, as well as highlight packages available through its YouTube channel.
The 2016 World Championships are the qualifying competition for the 2017 World Games, the Olympic Games equivalent for non-Olympic events, in Wroclaw, Poland. The USA has already qualified for a spot for rhythmic gymnastics, synchronized trampoline, tumbling and double mini-trampoline.
The members of the U.S. World Acro Championships Team are listed below.
- Jessica Renteria and Maren Merwarth, both of San Antonio, Texas/Acrobatic Gymnastics of San Antonio; reigning U.S. champions
- Savannah Bentley of Annapolis, Md., Hannah Silverman of Baltimore, Md., and Elise Stickley of Woodbine, Md./Emilias Acro Gymnastics and Cheer
- Londrea Garrett of Columbia Md., Josphina Kievsky of Elkridge, Md., and Mila Segel of Reisterstown, Md./Emilias Acro Gymnastics and Cheer; reigning U.S. champions
- Tiffani Williams of Moreno Valley, Calif., and Axel Osborne of Beaumont, Calif./Realis Gymnastics Academy; reigning U.S. champions
Competition begins tomorrow with qualifications in all five categories. The complete schedule is below. All times Eastern.
- March 31
- 11 p.m.-12:31 a.m. – Men’s Pairs Balance and Women’s Pairs Dynamic (Qualifications)
- April 1
- 2–4:30 a.m. – Mixed Pairs Balance and Men’s and Women’s Groups Dynamic (Qualifications)
- 5:30–7 a.m. – Women’s Pairs Balance and Men’s Pairs Dynamic (Qualifications)
- 11 p.m.–12:30 a.m. – Men’s Pairs Combined and Women’s Pairs Combined (Qualifications)
- April 2
- 2-4:30 a.m. – Mixed Pairs Dynamic and Men’s and Women’s Groups Balance (Qualifications)
- 7-8:30 a.m. – Women’s and Men’s Pairs Combined (Final)
- 10 p.m.–12:30 a.m. – Mixed Pairs Combined and Women’s Groups Combined (Qualifications)
- April 3
- 4-6:30 a.m. – Women’s and Men’s Groups Combined and Mixed Pairs Combined (Final)