- Senior 5: Individual | Team
- Senior 6: Individual | Team
- Senior 7: Individual | Team
- Senior 8: Individual | Team
- Super Team Results
- Friday’s Recap and Results
- Saturday’s Recap and Results
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, May 6, 2018 – The 2018 Women’s Junior Olympic Level 9 Western Championships in Salt Lake City, Utah, at the Mountain America Expo Center, wrapped up earlier today after crowning the final four all-around champions. The Level 9 Eastern and Western Championships are the culmination of the Junior Olympic Level 9 competitive season, and each features the nation’s top Level 9 gymnasts in the respective regions.
The all-around medalists are listed below.
- Senior 5 – Gold, Katie Horak, Buffalo, Minn./Gym Nation, 37.950; silver, Isabel Treimer, Pella, Iowa/Chow’s Gymnastics and Dance Institute, 37.800; bronze, Lauren Carter, Sherwood, Ore./Westside Dance and Gymnastics Academy, 37.325
- Senior 6 – Gold, Alyssa Kerr, Thousand Oaks, Calif./Victory Gymnastics Academy, and Jenna Eagles, Andover, Minn./Twin City Twisters, 37.875; bronze, Bailey Howell, Henderson, Nev./Gymcats Gymnastics, 37.650
- Senior 7 – Gold, Briana Worth, Gilbert, Ariz./Carters Gymnastics Academy, 38.275; silver, Chloe Sarocka, Fountain Hills, Ariz./Rebound Gymnastics West, 37.650; bronze, MacKenzie VanNatta, Tacoma, Wash./Grace Gymnastics Center/ Lakewood Family YMCA, 37.275
- Senior 8 – Gold, Mikaylia Harrison, Las Vegas, Nev./Gymcats Gymnastics, 37.825; silver, Haley Volstad, Brooklyn Park, Minn./Twin City Twisters, 37.725; bronze, Mercy Seay, Waco, Texas/Zero Gravity Gymnastics, 37.425
The Junior Olympic Eastern and Western Championships are two of USA Gymnastics’ championships events. Both championships feature the top seven gymnasts in the all-around in each age division from the respective regional championships and will have competition in 16 age divisions, which are determined by birth date.
The Western Championships, which showcases the top gymnasts from Regions 1-4, is hosted by Performance Plus Events, Visit Salt Lake, and the Utah Sports Commission. The states that comprise each region are: Region 1 — Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah; Region 2 – Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington; Region 3 – Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Wyoming; and Region 4 – Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin.