81 gymnasts from Level 4-National Team (including 2011 Pan American Champion, Julie Zetlin), 21 coaches, and 6 international and national staff members passed through the Rhythmic National Open Camps which took place December 9-19 at the National Training Center at the Karolyi Ranch in Huntsville, TX.
Gymnasts and coaches worked with experts on ballet, strength and conditioning, apparatus technique, and routine development in the new gym built specifically for Rhythmic and Trampoline at the Ranch.
See what the gymnasts have to say about their experience:
- "I enjoyed meeting new girls and learning new skills with amazing coaches." – Leah Fradkin (L7), Dallas
- "I loved everything. I liked meeting new people, new challenges, and the beautiful scenery." – Desiree Webb (L7), Los Angeles
- "I absolutely loved the camp. I have learned so much and I would love to come again. I am very sad to leave! Thank you so much for this experience." – Faith Bolden (L7), Houston
- "I liked how great coaches were able to take time to teach me new things." – Ashley Cheuk (L8), Seattle
- "I liked meeting so many new people. It was really cool to work with gymnasts and a coach from another country. I had so much fun!" – Rachel Cohen (L8), New York
- "I enjoyed all the fun activities and learning new things." – Alexandra Vool (New York)
- "Thank you for doing this camp. Now we have lots of friends. We have new skills for gymnastics. We think we will be better and will do everything to be good gymnasts in the future." – Eleonora Gordienko and Clarissa Rodriguez (Miami)
- "I liked meeting new people and working with new coaches. My favorite part was making everyone happy! But I need to work even harder because I want to be a professional gymnast." – Julia Guritskaya (New Jersey)
- "I liked meeting new friends and new coaches." – Grace Kurtz-Nelson (Chicago)
- "I loved working on my floor routine, it is so much better now." – Kristen Ng (Tampa Bay)
- "My favorite thing was CLUBS." – Julia Goslee (Columbus)
- "I loved everything about this camp. I liked learning new things with the coaches." – Alexa Sokolianski (Atlanta)
- "My favorite part was learning new exercises in body preparation." – Alison Goldenstein (New York)