Indianapolis, Ind. – A selection of the world’s finest gymnasts will highlight the Reese’s Gymnastics Cup, an entertainment based team competition, October 20 at 7:00 p.m. at the New Orleans Sports Arena.
The complete roster of competitors includes:
- Blaine Wilson, 2000 and 1996 Olympian, five-time U.S. National Champion
- John Roethlisberger, 2000, 1996 and 1992 Olympian, four-time U.S. National Champion
- Alexei Nemov (RUS), 2000 Olympic Games All-Around Champion
- Morgan Hamm, 2000 Olympian
- Paul Hamm, 2000 Olympian
- John Macready, 1996 Olympian
- Lance Ringnald, 1992 and 1998 Olympian
- Chris Young, 1999 World Championships Team Member
- Shannon Miller, 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist, 1992 Olympic Silver and Bronze Medalist
- Amy Chow, 2000 Olympian, 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist
- Dominique Moceanu, 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist
- Vanessa Atler, 1999 World Championships Team Member, 1997 co-National Champion
- Svetlana Khorkina (RUS), 2000 Olympic Gold and Silver Medalist
- >Elena Produnova (RUS), 2000 Olympic Games Silver Medalist
- Jamie Dantzscher, 2000 Olympian
- Morgan White, 2000 Olympian
- Jessica Howard, 1999 and 2000 Rhythmic National Champion
- Mila Marinova, 1991 World Championships Bronze Medalist for Bulgaria
“This group of athletes is among the most talented group of gymnasts ever assembled for the Reese’s Gymnastics Cup,” said Bob Colarossi, President of USA Gymnastics. “It will be a very entertaining meet.”
Each gymnast will compete in two events of their choice. The women will select from floor exercise, uneven bars and balance beam, while the men choose from floor exercise, high bar and still rings. Each routine will be performed to music.
Celebrity judges include 2000 Olympic Gold Medalists Dara Torres (swimming), Ben Sheets and Kurt Ainsworth (baseball), 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist Amanda Borden (gymnastics) and New Orleans Saints Quarterback Jeff Blake.
The Reese’s Cup will be televised on NBC on November 18 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. EST.