INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., Sept. 14, 2009 – 2009 U.S. all-around champion Bridget Sloan of Pittsboro, Ind., and her 2008 Olympic team silver-medal teammates Chellsie Memmel of West Allis, Wis., and Samantha Peszek of Indianapolis, Ind., are among the 10 women invited to the final selection camp for the 2009 World Championships, Oct. 13-18, in London, England. The camp is scheduled for Sept. 30- Oct. 4 at the U.S. Women’s National Training Center in Huntsville, Texas
Four gymnasts will be named to the U.S. Women’s Team for the 2009 World Championships, which features competition in the all-around and individual events, along with two or three non-traveling alternates. The 10 were invited back following the first selection camp, which concluded this past weekend.
The gymnasts returning to the second and final selection camp are listed below.
- Jana Bieger, Coconut Creek, Fla., Bieger International Gymnastics
- Rebecca Bross, Plano, Texas, WOGA Gymnastics
- Mackenzie Caquatto, Naperville, Ill., Naperville Gymnastics Club
- Ivana Hong, Lovejoy, Texas, WOGA Gymnastics
- Kytra Hunter, Frederick, Md., Hill’s Gymnastics
- Chellsie Memmel, West Allis, Wis., M&M Gymnastics
- Samantha Peszek, Indianapolis, Ind., Sharp’s Gymnastics
- Bridget Sloan, Pittsboro, Ind., Sharp’s Gymnastics
- Cassandra Whitcomb, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cincinnati Gymnastics
- Kayla Williams, Huntington, W.V., Gym Nest Inc.