The gymnasts who advanced to the Nastia Liukin Cup are:
- CGA Parents Club Coaches Spectacular, Covington, Ky. - Kathryn Kluz of Wixom, Mich./Oakland Gymnastics, and Jessica Ling of Wixom, Mich./Oakland Gymnastics
- FlipFest, Knoxville, Tenn. - Lisa Burt, Port Orange, Fla./ACE Gymnastics
- Lady Luck Invitational, Las Vegas, Nev., Jan. 20-22
- Atlanta Crown Invitational, Duluth, Ga., Jan. 20-22
- Circle of Stars Gymnastics Invitational, Indianapolis, Ind., Jan. 20-22
- San Diego Classic, San Diego, Calif., Jan. 20-22
- Wisconsin Dells Gymnastics Vacation Classic, Wisconsin Dells, Wis., Jan. 27-29
- Parkettes Invitational, Allentown, Pa., Jan. 27-29
- Pikes Peak Cup, Colorado Springs, Colo., Feb. 3-5
- 38th Annual Fiesta Bowl, Chandler, Ariz., Feb. 3-5
- Long Beach Open, Long Beach, Calif., Feb. 3-5
- Charity Choice Invitational, Tacoma, Wash., Feb. 10-12
- IGI Chicago Style, Chicago, Ill., Feb. 10-12
- Glider Invitational, Ontario, Calif., Feb. 11-12
- Magical Classic, Orlando, Fla., Feb. 17-18
- Buckeye Classic, Columbus, Ohio, Feb. 17-19
- Presidential Classic, Lake Buena Vista, Fla., Feb. 17-19
- WOGA Classic, Frisco, Texas, Feb. 17-19
- Arizona Sunrays Classic Rock Invitational, Glendale, Ariz., Feb. 17-19
Gymnasts who compete in the Nastia Liukin Cup will receive a Nastia Liukin-designed leotard and a warm-up from GK Elite; two tickets to the AT&T American Cup, and recognition for the all-around medalists during the event; and the opportunity to meet Liukin and participate in a team photo.
Portions of the proceeds from the Nastia Liukin Cup benefit the Nastia Liukin Fund, a charitable fund in partnership with the National Gymnastics Foundation.
Nastia Liukin. At the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, Liukin's total of five medals tied the U.S. gymnastics record for most medals in one Olympic Games, held by Mary Lou Retton (1984) and Shannon Miller (1992). Liukin's Olympic medals are: gold - all-around; silver - team, balance beam and uneven bars; and bronze - floor exercise. Liukin is just the third U.S. woman to win the Olympic all-around crown. She also won nine World medals in her career. Liukin has graced many magazine covers and appeared on various shows, including "Gossip Girl," "Make It or Break it," and the feature film, "Stick It." She was also chosen as one of 2009's most influential women by MSN Lifestyle. Liukin recently returned to training with an eye on the 2012 Olympic Games in London. Coached by her father, Valeri, who has four Olympic medals from 1988 including two gold, she was added to the 2011-12 Women's National Team in November 2011.
AT&T American Cup. The 2011 AT&T American Cup, an FIG World Cup event, is one of the most prestigious international invitational events and features an all-around format. The list of former champions comprises some of the sport's best-known names, including Jordyn Wieber, Nastia Liukin, Jonathan Horton, Bart Conner, Paul Hamm, Shawn Johnson, Shannon Miller, Carly Patterson, Mary Lou Retton and Peter Vidmar. For more information, go to ATTAmericanCup.com.