USA Gymnastics is seeking nominations for Athletes’ Council representatives in each of the 5 disciplines: Men, Women, Rhythmic, Trampoline & Tumbling and Acro.
- Two athletes will be elected in each discipline to serve on the Athletes’ Council - all are four year terms
- The athlete with the most votes in each discipline will also serve as the Athlete Director on the USA Gymnastics Board of Directors; the other athlete elected in that discipline will serve as the Alternate Athlete Director on the Board of Directors.
- You must meet the criteria listed below to nominate a candidate or be eligible for nomination in your respective discipline (self- nomination is permitted).
- Acceptance of the nomination and each nominees’ eligibility will be verified
- Elections will take place October 19-23
Athlete representatives must meet the following criteria:
- Within the ten (10) years preceding election, represented the US in Olympic, Pan American Games or a World Championships recognized by the FIG for which a competitive selection process was administered by the USA Gymnastics; or
- Within the twenty-four (24) months before election, demonstrated that they are actively engaged in amateur athletic competition by finishing in the top half of the USA Gymnastics’ national championships or team selection competition for the events outlined in the above paragraph, or
- Within the past twenty-four (24) months, have been a member of the USA Gymnastics Senior National Team.
- Please contact your respective program director for a complete list of eligible athletes
Name of Candidate Nominated:
Pick One: Men, Women, Rhythmic, T&T, Acro