This position, reporting to the Men’s Program Director, is responsible for overall management and supervision of the technical aspects of the Men’s National Team Program for USA Gymnastics which includes both the junior and senior elite programs. The National Team Coordinator also provides assistance with other aspects of the Men’s program as requested. Compensation and employment status are based on experience and the ability to relocate. Specific experience, duties and responsibilities include:
- Working knowledge of all facets and levels of the USA Gymnastics Men’s Program including knowledge of both the men’s FIG and Junior Olympic Program rules.
- Strong communication skills
- Computer experience using Word, Excel (or similar programs), email and audio visual technology.
- Must have a strong coaching background including work at the elite levels of coaching and/or elite international competitive experience
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Assist Men’s Program Director in all aspects of the program as needed or assigned
- Plan, coordinate and implement the activities at all junior and senior team camps
- Work with the coaches and MPC in the development and implementation of an international competition plan for the junior and senior teams
- Consult with National Team athletes and coaches to develop individual training plans and monitor progress
- Serve as a resource person and conduit for the gathering and exchange of information among coaches
- Develop an elite coaches education plan
- Oversee the expert clinician program for the National team
- Work closely with the Junior Olympic Program Coordinator to plan for an efficient and integrated Junior Olympic and Elite athlete program
- National event support, Winter Cup, Qualifier etc
- Serve as technical consultant to MPC, JOPC & NGJA
- Provide scouting information relative to other countries
- Assist in identifying and making available educational materials to coaches
- Attend major national & international events as necessary
Please submit resume and cover letter by October 1, 2009 to Dennis McIntyre at email@example.com or USA Gymnastics, 132 E Washington St, Suite 700, Indianapolis, IN 46204.