The Trampoline & Tumbling Program is seeking nominations for the position of the Trampoline & Tumbling Program Committee Chair. Please email nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the nominees name and contact information as well as the submitters name, professional #, and contact information. Nominations are due by October 14th.
The criteria can be found below as well as at the following link for the T&T Rules & Policies. Qualified nominees should have a deep knowledge of the Trampoline & Tumbling Program with strong organizational and communication skills in addition to experience working with by laws, governance, and parliamentary procedures.
Trampoline & Tumbling Program Committee & Chair Directives:
II. Trampoline & Tumbling Program Committee (TPC)
- All activities of the TPC and its sub-committees shall be coordinated with the National Office Staff. No USA Gymnastics funds or statement of official policy shall be made by the TPC (or any of its sub-committees) without the approval of the USA Gymnastics Board of Directors and/or the President. The TPC will have overall responsibility for the direction of the Trampoline and Tumbling Program of USA Gymnastics. These responsibilities must stay within the framework of the USA Gymnastics By-Laws and as guided by policies and statements from the USA Gymnastics Board of Directors. The TPC and its sub-committees shall serve as a recommending body to the President of USA Gymnastics.
- The operating directives of the TPC are:
- The Trampoline and Tumbling Program Committee through its sub-committees shall be charged with the development of a well-organized and well-designed program for the sports of trampoline, synchronized trampoline, double mini-tramp and power tumbling in the United States consistent with the goals and objectives of the Corporation.
- Distribute and disseminate technical materials, rules, and regulations, educational and scientific literature and other information necessary and appropriate to support the coaching and judging community.
- Provide for the improvement and growth of the sports of trampoline, synchronized trampoline, double mini-tramp and power tumbling through the training, education, certification, and evaluation of coaches, judges, and athletes.
- Design procedures for selecting coaches, judges, athletes, managers, trainers, and support staff for domestic and international events, including the Pan American Games, World Championships, World Games, and Olympic Games.
- Recommend candidates to represent the Corporation in FIG activities, including the international judges' course, coaches' courses, FIG Congresses and competitions.
- All elected officials of the TPC and its sub-committees are obligated to support USA Gymnastics, the Program and its rules and policies.
- The TPC shall be comprised of the following members:
- Chair of the TEPC
- Chair of the TJOPC
- Chair of the TTC
- Athlete Representative
- Program Director (voice, no vote)
- National Membership Director (voice, no vote)
- Program Committee Chair
- Nominations made by Professional Members in the Program
- Criteria for Nomination:
- Must be at least 21 years old, and in good standing for at least four (4) consecutive years prior to the nomination.
- Must be actively involved in the Program as a coach, judge or administrator.
- Duties and Responsibilities - The duties and responsibilities of the TPC Chair, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To work closely with the Program Director of the Program.
- Organize and conduct the meetings and conference calls of the TPC.
- Secure, correlate and disseminate agenda items for meetings and conference calls in advance of the meetings and calls.
- Coordinate with USA Gymnastics on meeting location/ times and advise the TPC of these arrangements in advance.
- Play an active role in the various TPC sub-committees and coordinate their reports.
- Provide leadership for a visible, viable relationship with USA Gymnastics, the TPC, and other related groups.