- Individual Qualifications Results - Day 1
- Group Qualifications Results - Day 1
- Photo Gallery
- Watch a replay on NBCOLympics.com
- Day 2 Start List
- Watch Live Aug. 10 - 7 a.m. ET
- More Olympics Information
LONDON, Aug. 9, 2012-- Julie Zetlin of Bethesda, Md./Capital Rhythmics, has completed the first half of the qualification round for rhythmic gymnastics at the 2012 Olympic Games at Wembley Arena. Aug. 10 is the final day of qualification, which determines the athletes advancing to the all-around finals.
Zetlin began on ball, posting a 24.450. Hoop was her second event, and a few minor errors resulted in a 23.750. Tomorrow's competition features ribbon and clubs.
"I am excited to be competing in my first Olympics," said Zetlin. "When I walked onto the carpet, I looked down and saw London 2012 on the carpet. When I stepped on, I felt a little zing go through me. I felt a little shaky in my beginning poses, especially for hoop because I am on my toes. I had a few mistakes today so there is always room for improvement. I am glad I got the first day done and over, without any huge mistakes. I am happy with the first day of my Olympic experience."
Russia's Daria Dmitrieva and Evgeniya Kanaeva are first and second, respectively, going into the final day of qualifications. Belarus' Liubou Charkashyna is third.
The two-day qualifier has 24 competitors representing 20 countries. Following qualification Aug. 9-10, the top 10 athletes move on to the final Aug. 11.
Ways to follow the Olympic Games include:
- USAGym.org, the USA Gymnastics official website, is a great source for information about the sport: latest news, the schedule of its premier events, athlete biographies, videos, photo galleries, live scoring from major events and more. USA Gymnastics also has usagymclub.org, which is a resource center for parents of potential and existing gymnasts.
- TeamUSA.org, the U.S. Olympic Committee's website will also be a good resource for information on the Team USA in London.
- Facebook - USA Gymnastics has an official Facebook page, www.facebook.com/USAGymnastics, which carries USA Gymnastics information and activities for fans. The USOC's official Facebook page is www.facebook.com/USOlympicTeam
- Twitter - USA Gymnastics has an official Twitter feed -- @usagym. The USOC's Twitter feed is @usolympic.
- NBCOlympics.com - NBC is the broadcast and web source for coverage and news on the Olympic Games. NBCOlympics.com will carry live coverage of every gymnastics session as well as all sports, and maintain an archive for on-demand coverage. A special "Live Extra" app for smartphones and tablets is available as well. For gymnastics, viewing options will include a single "integrated" feed showing various competitors (akin to watching on TV), plus separate feeds for each apparatus.
Check your local listings for dates and times in your area here: http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings/index.html.
- YouTube - USA Gymnastics has an official YouTube Channel, www.youtube.com/usagymnasticsorg, which features routines of the top gymnasts from various events, interviews, etc. The USOC's YouTube Channel is www.youtube.com/TeamUSA.