Men’s FIG “Code of Points” Skills
These are skills named after U.S. athletes that are still included in the current FIG Code of Points.
- Thomas tuck and pike (Kurt Thomas) – One and a half back flips with one and a half twists, lands in a forward roll.
- Thomas stretched (Kurt Thomas) – Thomas stretched.
- Bryan (Casey Bryan) – Scissor half-turn to handstand, half-pirouette and straddle down.
- Roth (Bill Roth) – Listed in code as: Russian wende swing with 360 degree turn and 3/3 travel.
- Thomas (Kurt Thomas) – All flairs.
- Sohn (Mark Sohn) – Kehr with full turn on one pommel.
- Mikulak (Sam Mikulak) - Double scissor forward with a hop from one end of the horse to the other.
- Bhavsar (Raj Bhavsar) – Pull through momentary front lever press to Maltese.
- O’Neill (Paul O’Neil) – Stretched double feige backward to hang.
- Gatson (Jason Gatson) – Swing backward with hop on one arm and full turn to handstand.
- Gatson II (Jason Gatson) – Gatson with half-turn to handstand on one rail and a quarter-turn to handstand on two rails.
- Wells (Trent Wells) – Giant swing backward showing inlocation (looks like shoulders turn inside out).
- Gaylord (Mitch Gaylord) – Salto forward, tuck, pike or straddled over the bar and regrasp.
- Gaylord 2 (Mitch Gaylord) – Gienger (back flip with half turn) over the bar and regrasp.
- Hayden (Daniel Hayden) – Double salto backward, stretched, with full twist over the bar.
- Lynch (Jair Lynch) – Tkatchev with a half turn prior to the catch to a mixed el-grip and swing back up to handstand.