This is a live, six-hour, hands-on training course designed for school age, pre-team and Level 1-4 coaches. This is a NEW course developed for pre team, level 1-4 coaches and even school age recreational coaches. Course topics include warm ups, conditioning, lesson planning, hands on spotting and lecture for all Olympic events. This is a great hands on experience of drills and skill progression with instructors demonstrating practical examples of coaching level 1-4 gymnastics.
The W200 Development Coaches Course: HOTD has been developed to:
- Enhance the status of beginning level competitive gymnastics programs throughout the United States.
- Establish requirements for certification which will help identify competent pre-team and competitive (Level 1-4) gymnastics coaches.
- Provide appropriate skills, drills and techniques for entry level competitive coaches.
- Help standardize pre-team and entry level competitive gymnastics teaching throughout the United States.
- Provide resources, instructional materials, and assistance at levels 1-4 coaching
- Provides Hands on Spotting on all four Olympic Events.
U200 Development Coaches Course: Sports Science (online) is a companion to W200: Development Coaches Course: Hands on Training (HOTD). It is highly recommended that you complete U200 prior to W200. However, it is not a requirement to take U200 first. U200 covers the sports science aspects of coaching this level athlete including nutrition, biomechanics, injury prevention and psychology.
Attendance to the W200 course is eligible for 6 hours of CPE credit.
Current Course Schedule:
- Professional/Jr. Professional/Instructor/Introductory Coach/Jr. Introductory Coaches= $70.00 (SAVE $5 by registering online)
- CLICK HERE to register online, your username is your member number and your password is your 8 digit date of birth
- Download PDF to fax or mail
- Non-Members=$120, includes complimentary Instructor membership.
- Download PDF - Online Registration NOT available.
- Pre-registration is IMPORTANT. Courses are subject to cancellation by USA Gymnastics if minimum pre-registration requirements are not met. Registrants will be notified the week of the course if a cancellation occurs and course fees can be transferred to a future course, or refunded.
- Pre-registration can be done online up to one week prior to the live course. Pre-registration by mail or fax must be received two weeks prior to the course.
- Registered individuals may cancel their registration and request a refund within 30 days following a course. A 25% processing fee will apply. Please see the Course Cancellation and Refund Form