This 3 day educational opportunity will include 20 hours of practical instruction (where YOU will be directing the athletes) and over 10 hours of classroom instruction under the direction of Master Clinician's and National Team Coaches.
- Skills and Proper Progressions to train Jr. Olympic Athletes level 8, 9, 10
- Tools to develop solid basics on all events
- Proper Body Shaping
- Lesson Plan Development
- Hands on Spotting techniques
- Lectures and Videos in the areas of Skills, Strength, Conditioning & Flexibility and Periodization.
|Arrival:||Sunday, May 26, 2013
11:00 - 2:00 pm - Arrival and Registration
2:00 pm - Certification Program begins
|Departure:||Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 12:00 pm (Please book flights after 4:00 pm)|
|Where:||National Training Center (Karyoli's Ranch)
454 Forest Service Rd #200
Huntsville, TX 77340
|Where to fly into:||George Bush Intercontinental/Houston Airport - IAH or Houston Hobby IHH
The camp is approximately 1 hour from IHA and 1 hour and 45 minutes from Hobby IHH.
(Car Rental available at airport)
|Registration Requirements:||USA Gymnastics Professional members (Certifying Coach)
W300 Junior Olympic Coaches Course or Minimum of Junior Olympic Team Coach Certified.*
*If you meet the requirements for pre-placement for Junior Olympic Team Coach or higher, you may register for W400 upon completion of the pre-placement process
USA Gymnastics Athlete member
Limit 5 per coach (additional athletes can be waitlisted by emailing email@example.com). Release of waitlisted athletes will be: May 1, 2013
There is a $30.00 cancellation fee up until May 1, 2013;
No refunds after May 1. Request must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USA Gymnastics reserves the right to cancel and/or change the date of any live hands-on training course due to lack of registration(s).
- Attendance at ALL sessions
- Full participation in all areas and events
- Spotting skill
- Teamwork and Group Participation
- Technical Knowledge
- Organizational Abilities
- Athlete Management and Safety
- No electronic devices during the training sessions
- Dress in appropriate attire that reflects the best image of gymnastics.
- Athletic shoes with rubberized soles.
- Athletic warm-up pants or "Docker-syle" pants (No jeans).
- Athletic or tailored shorts that are of a reasonable length. No holes, tears or short shorts.
- Collared shirts, business casual shirts or T-shirts with gym logo. (No spaghetti straps, low-cut tops or midriff revealing shirts).
- No hats or visors.
Upon completion of the course, members can print out a certificate of course completion on their USA Gymnastics "My Membership" page. (Please allow 3-4 weeks)