This educational opportunity will include practical instruction (where YOU will be directing the athletes) and classroom instruction under the direction of National Team Coaches.
W300A and W300B must be completed in order to meet the W300 requirement. Part A and B can be completed in any order.
The W300A Junior Olympic Team Coaches' Course (Part A) CURRICULUM includes:
- Event Topics: Vault, Trampoline, Uneven Bars
- Skills and Progressions on these events to train Jr. Olympic Athletes level 5, 6, 7
- Tools to develop solid basics on all events
- Proper Body Shaping
- Lesson Plans
- Hands on Spotting techniques
- Lectures in the areas of Strength, Conditioning & Physical Preparation
Saturday, September 15, 2012
|11:30 a.m - Check in
12:00-5:30 p.m. - W300A
|Sunday, September 16, 2012||9:00 a.m. - Check in
9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. - W300A course/training camp
Location: The Gymnastics Company
8320 E Brookville Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46239
Certifying coaches MUST attend both days.
- $175 for USA Gymnastics Professional, Jr. Professional, Members
- 1 1/2 days training (lunch included on full day)
USA Gymnastics Athlete member
- $125 1 1/2 days training (lunch included on full day)
- Level 5, 6, 7, Xcel (10 years & older)
- Limit 4 per coach (additional athletes can be waitlisted by emailing email@example.com). Waitlisted athletes are released 2 weeks prior to the workshop.
Click here for club registration.
Click here for individual registration.
If registering with athletes please click on club registration. Any problems registering please call member services at 800-345-4719
Day passes are available at Regional Congresses.
- Pre-registration can be done online up to one week prior to the live course. Pre-registration by mail or fax must be received two weeks prior to the course. Late or onsite registrations will incur a $25 fee in addition to the registration fee. Late registrations are not guaranteed course materials or a spot in the course.
- Registered individuals may cancel their registration and request a refund within 30 days following a course. A 25% processing fee will apply. Course Cancellation and Refund Form
- Registration is the property of the registrant and cannot be transferred to another individual.
- Attendance at ALL sessions
- Full participation in all areas and events
- Spotting skill
- Teamwork and Group Participation
- Technical Knowledge
- Organizational Abilities
- Athlete Management and Safety
- No electronic devices allowed
- Dress in appropriate attire that reflects the best image of gymnastics.
- Athletic shoes with rubberized soles.
- Athletic warm-up pants or "Docker-syle" pants (No jeans).
- Athletic or tailored shorts that are of a reasonable length. No holes, tears or short shorts.
- Collared shirts, business casual shirts or T-shirts with gym logo. (No spaghetti straps, low-cut tops or midriff revealing shirts).
- No hats or visors.
**W300A and W300B must be completed in order to meet the W300 requirement.
Upon completion of the course, members can print out a certificate of course completion on their USA Gymnastics "My Membership" page. (Please allow 3-4 weeks)
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org - 317-829-5624