Stewards of Children is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations (sports leagues, day care centers, after school programs, children's clubs, church groups and more). Stewards of Children is child abuse prevention training that is offered from Darkness to Light, a child advocacy organization.
What Topics are Covered in U301 Stewards of Children?
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse.
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur.
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults.
- The signs of sexual abuse so you that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly.
- What It Takes to Protect Children
- Step 1 - Learn the Facts and Understand the Risks
- Step 2 - Minimize Opportunity
- Step 3 - Talk About It
- Step 4 - Stay Alert
- Step 5 - Make a Plan
- Step 6 - Act on Suspicions
- Step 7 - Get Involved
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Proactive, positive input to change organizational policies and procedures
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
The course will take approximately 2.5 hours to complete.
Disclaimer for Online Training
Darkness to Light's U301 Stewards of Children Online Training has been prepared for viewing by an adult audience with an interest in learning to recognize and prevent Child Sexual Abuse.
Although it has been suggested that the online training program may be appropriate for audiences as young as 14, individual discretion must be employed to determine its appropriateness.
The content may be disturbing to some viewers.
Click the button below to register for the U301 Stewards of Children course online. You must be logged in order to register (Username and personal password—which you created). Course activation can take up to 72 business hours.
Haven't created a username and password? Click here.
- $10 for USA Gymnastics Members
Professional, Jr. Professional, Instructor and Athlete (age 14 or older)
- $25 for Non Members (includes a complimentary Instructor Membership)
Not a member? | APPLY NOW!
*Non Members cannot register online for this course and must download registration form.
- Online course fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another individual.
There may be up to 72 business hours lag time before your course registration is activated. You should receive two emails - one from USA Gymnastics confirming payment and registration and a second email from Stewards of Children with your course activation notice and the link to access the course. If you do not receive an activation notice within 72 business hours, please contact USA Gymnastics Educational Services at email@example.com. You will have access to the course for 15 days from the date of activation and may access the course as often as you wish during that period.
For assistance with the course - login, navigation, technical assistance, test reset, or other needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-965-5444.
In order to receive University credit, members must register for the U301 through USA Gymnastics.
Upon completion of the course, members can print out a certificate of course completion on their USA Gymnastics "My Membership" page. Please allow 1-2 weeks.