It is strongly recommended to complete R101 prior to taking R102 Preschool Fundamentals: Hands on Training (HOTPS), but this is not a requirement. The course will take approximately four hours to complete.
You can send your entire preschool and recreational staff to this course for as low as $45 a person.
NEW MEMBER CLUB PRICING AVAILABLE!
**USA Gymnastics Member Clubs have the opportunity to register anyone in their club when they use the Member Club Group Registration Form.
- In order to receive the Member Club tiered pricing the club MUST be a current USA Gymnastics Member Club. Not a member club? Click here.
- Member Clubs, download PDF Registration Form.
- The individuals registered as part of the Member Club Group Registration are NOT required to be members of USA Gymnastics. Non members must register with the Member Club registration form.
- Only current Professional, Instructor, Jr. Professional and Athlete members (14 years and older) will receive University credit and certificate for the completion of the course
- $70 for USA Gymnastics Members (Save $5 by registering online)
Professional, Jr. Professional, Instructor and Athlete (age 14 or older)
- $85 for Non Members (includes a complimentary Instructor Membership - 18 years and older - A background check is required)
Not a member? | APPLY NOW!
*Non Members cannot register online for this course and must download the registration form.
- Course attendees must be a minimum of 14 years old.
- Pre-registration can be done online up to one week prior to the live course. Pre-registration by mail or fax must be received two weeks prior to the course. Late or onsite registrations will incur a $25 fee in addition to the registration fee. Late registrations are not guaranteed course materials or a spot in the course.
- Registered individuals may cancel their registration and request a refund within 30 days following a course. A 25% processing fee will apply. Course Cancellation and Refund Form
- Individuals registered for a R102 HOTPS course may transfer their registration to another HOTPS course at a different date/time (using the Course Transfer Form). Transfers to another live course must be done at least 2 weeks prior to the new course or late fees will apply.
- USA Gymnastics reserves the right to cancel and/or change the date of any live hands-on training course due to lack of registration(s).
- Enhance the status of recreational gymnastics programs throughout the United States.
- Establish requirements for certification which will help identify competent preschool and recreational gymnastics teachers.
- Provide appropriate information for preschool and recreational gymnastics teachers.
- Help standardize recreational gymnastics teaching throughout the United States.
- Provide resources, instructional materials, and assistance at all levels of teaching.
- This course is focused on teaching gymnastics movement education to preschool children (ages 1-5).
- Preschool Fundamentals - Questions and Answers - FAQ regarding the Preschool Fundamentals courses.
- List of National Instructors HOTPS
Additional Resources: Please visit the USA gymnastics online store for an opportunity to purchase the KAT and Movement Education Lesson Plan Development (MELPD) work books. These resources compliment material presented in the R101 and R102 Preschool Fundamentals courses.
Click here to view supplementary Preschool teacher products.
Interested in hosting a course in your club? Click here to learn how.
Upon completion of the course, members can print out a certificate of course completion on their USA Gymnastics "My Membership" page. (Please allow 3-4 weeks)
Non Members registering under a Member Club will not obtain university credit or a certificate. If membership is obtained after the course, university credit and certificates will be granted.